Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The case for god
The case for god
[Image: evacuee-suitcase.jpg]

Now get the fuck out!

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
RE: The case for god
My God is bigger than that!

[Image: suit_case.jpg]

(the black serf is also a nice touch)
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

The case should shine with bling.
The German word for case is "Koffer". In Austrian slang this word is also used for idiot or fart. Depends on the context, but it gives the OP a whole new meaning.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I didn't realize they had a case as big as that!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 17, 2014 at 10:35 am)robvalue Wrote: I didn't realize they had a case as big as that!
You need a lot of room for their "evidence":
[Image: pile-trash-bags-12122718.jpg]
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Ooooh... is that every book written in the first 5 centuries with any character beginning with J mentioned somewhere?
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(December 17, 2014 at 11:13 am)robvalue Wrote: Ooooh... is that every book written in the first 5 centuries with any character beginning with J mentioned somewhere?

Again with the Josephus bashing Big Grin
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Yeah, reading that stuff is so exciting I nearly interpolated.

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you have the courage to commit suicide in case if terminal disease? Macoleco 62 9570 April 18, 2018 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Victory( WE WON THE COURT CASE) Amarok 15 3467 April 8, 2017 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Buying a case for my phone Lemonvariable72 3 1215 August 14, 2015 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Discrimination case? hobie 10 2127 June 22, 2014 at 12:29 am
Last Post: hobie
  Having a case of double depression JosephBowie 8 3555 April 21, 2013 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Aractus
  In Case You Needed Further Proof... thesummerqueen 50 16090 April 8, 2013 at 3:03 am
Last Post: Brayton.l
  Pirate Bay Founders Case Rejected by Human Rights Court Phish 0 989 March 17, 2013 at 6:25 am
Last Post: Phish
  The Curious Case of Missing Me Meatball 30 12734 December 29, 2010 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  The Case Of The Pope(book) Oldandeasilyconfused 0 1331 December 28, 2010 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  basket case rant Oldandeasilyconfused 15 5518 September 6, 2010 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Shell B