Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My android app on google play ! Back up your contacts to Email
Hey

Finally, I have my own app now on google play !
It's pretty useful, safe, secured & working probably.

Simply, it sends your contacts' list -with numbers- to email. I developed it after getting my phone stolen ; losing very valuable numbers. If I had it, I would've backed my phone easily.

You can find it in here :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...Phone.main

Please review, download, give opinions, comment

Cheers ^_^
RE: My android app on google play ! Back up your contacts to Email
Awesome. Very useful app indeed Smile
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
Unnecessary. Google already backs that shit up.
Yes. Why would you need it?

I lost my phone temporarily. All of my apps, settings, browser history, contacts, emails etc were online and I immediately changed my password to them all.

Call and text histories are potentially lost. Those I'd be interested in backing up automatically.
(January 1, 2015 at 10:12 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Yes. Why would you need it?

I lost my phone temporarily. All of my apps, settings, browser history, contacts, emails etc were online and I immediately changed my password to them all.

Call and text histories are potentially lost. Those I'd be interested in backing up automatically.

Google is gonna know everything about us eventually. SkyNet, is that you ?

Big Grin
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
(January 1, 2015 at 9:11 pm)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: Awesome. Very useful app indeed Smile

Thank you Marsellus Big Grin

Quote:KUSA

Thanks for the honesty.

Quote:fr0d0

I actually did what you said, it's a pretty good idea.
Now the app's name is "Back my Content !", it contains 2 additional options : backing up all call history to email, back all sms messages to email.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...ntent.main

Thanks a lot for your suggestion it was really helpful !
Quote:You can switch to an app made by Google such as Gmail to access your account (recommended) or change your settings at https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps so that your account is no longer protected by modern security standards.

This is going to put a lot of people off! Can't you call the local email app and let the user send the email?

The login is awkward. Re running the app it doesn't remember my login and I have to delete the word "E-mail:" and the asterisks to enter my own details.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Google artificial intelligence razzes us! Eclectic 11 1689 November 5, 2022 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Eclectic
  what is the best email provider gd3001 16 1637 July 25, 2021 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Google Argentina's domain name bought by man for £2 zebo-the-fat 2 387 April 27, 2021 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Solar System simulation: my latest web app. WinterHold 8 1017 February 7, 2020 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Why isn't Android more serious contender to Windows? Fake Messiah 8 892 June 20, 2019 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Is Firefox quantum really better than Google Chrome? ErGingerbreadMandude 19 3155 November 19, 2017 at 2:31 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Question about Android rado84 17 1925 August 24, 2017 at 1:24 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Android bug fear in 900 million phones account_inactive 0 607 August 8, 2016 at 6:31 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Publishing to Google Play bennyboy 8 1615 May 29, 2016 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Music caching for Android RozKek 13 2251 May 10, 2016 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: RozKek