Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi everyone!
Smile 
Hi everyone!
I'm Taos. I'm 23 from the mitten state. I've considered myself agnostic for 6 years, but I'm still struggling with religion. I was raised devoutly Christian in a predominately African-american family. Most black people in my area are Christian and tend to look down on other religions and especially agnosticism and atheism. This makes it difficult for me, especially within my own family. Anyway, enough about that. I look forward to exploring these forums and meeting new people! Smile
RE: Hi everyone!
Welcome
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
Welcome

I liked your first thread and I hope you find some comfort on these forums.

But someone will be along shortly to explain that atheism is not a religion and that agnosticism is not a thing but an adjective which can describe either atheism or theism . Aww heck, let's just get it out of the way now. . . If you don't have a belief in god, you are by definition an atheist. If you don't believe, but aren't sure that there isn't a god, then you are an agnostic atheist. If you are sure there isn't a god you are a gnostic atheist. Similarly, if you believe in a god, you are a theist. If you are absolutely certain there is a god, you are a gnostic theist. If you think there is a god, but have doubts it, you are a agnostic theist. Obviously you could be a agnostic or gnostic Christian too.
http://atheism.about.com/od/aboutagnosti...erence.htm

Once again Welcome
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Hi Big Grin it's nice to meet you. Have some welcome cookies

(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Hello Taos, welcome aboard Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Hiyas.

Welcome
Well, the mitten state is finally represented on this forum!
Welcome and enjoy!

Be the guy that shows your family how agnostics and atheists aren't bad people...go slow...tiny hints here and there...building up to a great finale.
What's the Mitten state? Welcome.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon