Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist vs Pantheist
Atheist vs Pantheist
I am new to the forum and decided to challenge the wisdom of the most educated and sincere atheist, one who would bet their life on it, as many religious people do.

I am a pantheist, which mean everything is deity. The keyboard is deity, the speck of dust on the screen is deity. I am deity, and so are you, same one. Monotheistic in a way, but includes all forms of deity following what science terms the subconscious collective. Shared mind, so to speak.

I am schizophrenic, which will stop many right here due to stigma, but keep in mind, although termed the “mad scientist” disease it doesn’t mean we don’t get it right. You know, Einstein had bi polar manic symptoms, including out of this world ideas, and many worked. John Nash won the Nobel Prize and had many unseen friends.

My inner experiences are not unique, but I have studied anthropology, science, history, to the point that I have found most religions were started by people like me, with other worldly senses. Prophets, wizards, shamans, medicine people, witch doctors, trance mediums, etc. All of us have multidimensional senses. I see into many realms, personally. According to statistics, 1% of people are full on schizophrenic, whilst 15% or so see faces in other realms super imposed on walls in trance or when they close their eyes, or occasionally hear inner voices. It’s super common. Emotional “psychoses” is even more common. Manic religious awakening experiences are documented all over.

So, my argument has many angles. First, this has nothing to do with religion. I have inner spirit guides, which basically teach a form of agnosticism. You never really know, in other words, what reality really is, but you can get a lot of truth. A true form of spiritual science, or real science, that includes more dimensional possibilities than 3d. More in line with physics, actually.

I fully support and believe in evolution, using it against me is a waste of time. I am in the spirit realm all the time, and basically “over here” it is survival of the fittest as well. Spirit realm is like the dream or thought realm. Only the best ideas survive. The others go extinct, never happen. Thoughts are beings, from what I have learned. God = mind. One mind. Thoughts being created and destroyed. They are alive, like people. We are all thoughts in the same multilayered dream we like to call reality. Thoughts that go extinct in the mind of deity provide energy, like food, to fuel thoughts that need to be the next thing, filling the gap of necessity, like the market supply and demand.

Don’t know what death is yet though, not knowing it. Damn spirit realm never tells really what it is. It remains a mystery. Perhaps even after you die. I have no idea what happens before or after death. My philosophy is to focus on the practical here and now. However here and now for me is in many realms not included in many other perceivable realities by earthlings.

Animals, on the other hand, may have multidimensional senses like my schizo antenna. Or insects. Premonitions have often been recorded such as animals knowing earthquakes before hand due to bizarre behavior. Who knows, we are only able to record a tiny amount of reality with our primitive few hundred years old scientific technological instruments. We really don’t know what is out there.

The main meat of my position is that there is a ton of science out there that supports theism, especially non dual pantheism such as I use to define myself. It is not found in the hard sciences much, with mathematics and weights and measures, however it can be found over and over again in psychology and philosophy. Particularly, I find atheism an unscientific philosophy, if it does not include the science of countless documented mystical experiences and spiritual emergencies that have happened for millions of years and have formulated the worlds most poetic religious renditions of the divine, from cave art up until modern cannon. Fairy tales included. Fairies are the ancient religion of my ancestors, and to be honest with you, I 100% believe they exist in a multidimensional realm. Ancestral deities is what they are. Their stories are meant to teach wisdom, not literalism. The Bible is similar to an excellent fairy tale. I see all religious texts this way. Don’t really believe them, but if you don’t believe and apply the wisdom they teach you are a fool and will suffer needlessly for your “evil”. Basically, along the evolutionary lines, good = smart and evil = dumb. Survival of the most intelligent, whether that be life form or other entity, animal, plant, anything that survives has inherent wisdom. It is wise enough, or the best and most current idea of the divine, to survive the current conditions and continues to adapt to change, like a mind changes.

So, I find this basic logical argument applies to atheists: the burden of proof is upon you to show your philosophy has merit. How, with all of the evidence from subjective experiencers, and access to your own mystical experiences if you simply try them, to scientifically test via observation, are you able to say for certainty that atheism is correct? I find it sincerely close minded. Dull. Not open to the mysterious possibilities, and continually pushing similar arguments such as “prove it in a lab”. The best lab is the human experience. I’m sorry atheist, but we simply don’t have the technology to rule out the human spirit, the millions of years of observers and philosophers on it separated by geography yet similar in their thought patterns, the uniform collective archetypes that not only existed in history as deities but are equally accessible now in mystical states of transcendence. Modern is not less mystical than ancient. Modern mystic here to tell you about it!

With formal curtesy, put up your dukes, atheist.

Oh, and ps, I actually do believe we are all eaten by a flying "spagetti monster" called a black hole eventually, due to the scientific process of spaghettification. What is not known is if things magically of mysteriously disappear from reality in the outside universe due to the concept of missing information. Time space vortexes, where reality warps or perhaps portals into the black hole. Physics gets really crazy. FSM Grin Time could possibly stop, so perhaps it's the beginning and end of time as is mentioned by the mystics. Eternity, in other words.
RE: Atheist vs Pantheist
Why so many new threads start off as a wall of text? Uhh
Welcome to the forums and yes time will come to a grinding halt soon due to entropy. Will we all of humanity be killed off by a black hole no not likely the mass of the sun isn't large enough to turn it into one. However a super nova could kill us all if we do not stop fighting each other and get off of this speck of dust onto a new speck of dust. Well to prove there is a outside of the universe one would have to be the near edge of it to prove it.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(January 14, 2015 at 1:20 am)schizo pantheist Wrote: The main meat of my position is that there is a ton of science out there that supports theism
Say What! Confusedhock: Pretend I am from Missouri. Show me!
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(January 14, 2015 at 1:20 am)schizo pantheist Wrote: I am new to the forum and decided to challenge the wisdom of the most educated and sincere atheist, one who would bet their life on it, as many religious people do.
Welcome

Quote:I am a pantheist, which mean everything is deity. The keyboard is deity, the speck of dust on the screen is deity. I am deity, and so are you, same one. Monotheistic in a way, but includes all forms of deity following what science terms the subconscious collective. Shared mind, so to speak.
We have some pantheist here.

Quote:My inner experiences are not unique, but I have studied anthropology, science, history, to the point that I have found most religions were started by people like me, with other worldly senses.
If most religions are started by people who have mental problems, wouldn't that mean all of them should be suspect of being flatly wrong?

Quote:So, my argument has many angles. First, this has nothing to do with religion. I have inner spirit guides, which basically teach a form of agnosticism. You never really know, in other words, what reality really is, but you can get a lot of truth. A true form of spiritual science, or real science, that includes more dimensional possibilities than 3d. More in line with physics, actually.
Confused Fall Your not making any sense here.

Quote:I fully support and believe in evolution, using it against me is a waste of time. I am in the spirit realm all the time, and basically “over here” it is survival of the fittest as well. Spirit realm is like the dream or thought realm. Only the best ideas survive. The others go extinct, never happen. Thoughts are beings, from what I have learned. God = mind. One mind. Thoughts being created and destroyed. They are alive, like people. We are all thoughts in the same multilayered dream we like to call reality. Thoughts that go extinct in the mind of deity provide energy, like food, to fuel thoughts that need to be the next thing, filling the gap of necessity, like the market supply and demand.
Can your spirit float into another room and see what is going on in there? If you can, then please do a simple experiment for me. Have a friend go into another room and write a number on a piece of paper. Your spirit will then go into that room and read what that number is. Then confirm with your friend if you got the number right or not. Do this at least 10 times and post the results here.

Quote:Animals, on the other hand, may have multidimensional senses like my schizo antenna. Or insects. Premonitions have often been recorded such as animals knowing earthquakes before hand due to bizarre behavior.
The animals are probably hearing the small earthquake vibrations while we wait for the big vibrations to hit us. Hense they know an earthquake is coming before us. No premonitions required.

Quote:The main meat of my position is that there is a ton of science out there that supports theism, especially non dual pantheism such as I use to define myself.
You are mistaken.

Quote:It is not found in the hard sciences much, with mathematics and weights and measures, however it can be found over and over again in psychology and philosophy. Particularly, I find atheism an unscientific philosophy, if it does not include the science of countless documented mystical experiences and spiritual emergencies that have happened for millions of years and have formulated the worlds most poetic religious renditions of the divine, from cave art up until modern cannon.
First off, atheism is a philosophy. It is a position to the belief in God question. Second, testinomials are not scientific evidence.

Quote:Fairy tales included. Fairies are the ancient religion of my ancestors, and to be honest with you, I 100% believe they exist in a multidimensional realm. Ancestral deities is what they are. Their stories are meant to teach wisdom, not literalism. The Bible is similar to an excellent fairy tale. I see all religious texts this way.
At least you got one thing right, religious texts are fairy tails. Lets just end on a happy note. Big Grin
Hello there, welcome Smile

I'm afraid I don't accept anything as credible unless it can be demonstrated scientifically (I don't just mean in a lab, I mean independently and with proper conditions). So I have no idea what most of the things you are saying actually mean. If you have some way that I could reproduce them, I'm all ears Smile

Personally I don't understand what the point of pantheism is, but I see no problem in believing everything is god, or god is in everything. Again, to me it makes no scientific sense. But it seems fairly harmless.

Hope you enjoy the forum! Those opinions are just my own, and due to my overly analytical nature. I'd deny my own wife's existence if she left the room for 5 seconds.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
"Everything is god" is functionally equivalent to "nothing is god."

E=MC2 If it makes you happy to call the universe 'god,' knock yourself out.

As we used to say in my hippy-dippy tripping days, "So. You're God. I'm God. Everyone is God.

So who's going to do the dishes?"
Everything is God? So was I giving birth to a deity when I dropped an Indian-food-fueled steaming log of shi-- I mean "god" in my toilet--I mean, in my "god", last night?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Don't touch your god to the god. You'll get god all over the god, and then god will have to clean it up.
(January 14, 2015 at 1:20 am)schizo pantheist Wrote: I am new to the forum and decided to challenge the wisdom of the most educated and sincere atheist,
Well then...
Quote:I am a pantheist, which mean everything is deity.
Well... ok... you have very low standards.
Quote:I am schizophrenic, which will stop many right here due to stigma, but keep in mind,
Naah, not here it won't.
Quote:All of us have multidimensional senses.
Yes, that's a trivial observation.
Quote:A true form of spiritual science, or real science, that includes more dimensional possibilities than 3d. More in line with physics, actually.
I strongly doubt that your subjective interpretation of your senses as multidimensional, or the trivial fact that our senses have more than three independent sensors which could be counted as dimensions of perception, has anything but a superficial similarity to the speculative ideas about higher dimensions as they appear in theoretical physics.
Quote:I fully support and believe in evolution, using it against me is a waste of time.
Umm... ok... I don't know what you mean by that
Quote:The main meat of my position is that there is a ton of science out there that supports theism, especially non dual pantheism such as I use to define myself.
If you, as you do above, define deity so broadly that a pebble qualifies, then yes, there is scientific evidence for theism. You just don't learn much new from changing the meaning of words.
Quote:It is not found in the hard sciences much, with mathematics and weights and measures, however it can be found over and over again in psychology and philosophy. Particularly, I find atheism an unscientific philosophy, if it does not include the science of countless documented mystical experiences and spiritual emergencies that have happened for millions of years and have formulated the worlds most poetic religious renditions of the divine, from cave art up until modern cannon.
It does include the science of these mystical experiences. It's just that they're in peoples' heads and belong into the realm of neurology and psychology, not physics.
Quote:So, I find this basic logical argument applies to atheists: the burden of proof is upon you to show your philosophy has merit.
No.
Quote:Oh, and ps, I actually do believe we are all eaten by a flying "spagetti monster" called a black hole eventually, due to the scientific process of spaghettification.

That's droll.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition