Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You're not serious?
You're not serious?
http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/01/isla...btqia-lie/

Are you serious?

I can't. That's all I can say, girl bye.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

RE: You're not serious?
She has this breathtakingly naive "Platonic" assumption that there is this abstract idea of "the islam" which is decoupled from any worldly reading of the quran and its interpretation by people. She knows that in its essence, this absolute islam is totes social progressive. What a pleasant surprise.

What a pity though that only one out of a zillion imams by chance found this correct interpretation, isn't it.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I mean, death punishment isn't intolerant.

I don't have the attention span to read through all of that bullshit.
That's the kind of BS that gives modern feminism a bad name. Well, it's one of many voices out there..
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(January 20, 2015 at 11:31 am)Xeno Wrote: I mean, death punishment isn't intolerant.

Neither did I haha, the title and opening was enough.

But yes, nothing says "we love the gays" like tribes in Afghanistan toppling brick walls on top of live gay men, and public hangings in Tehran.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(January 20, 2015 at 11:35 am)NuclearJaguar Wrote:
(January 20, 2015 at 11:31 am)Xeno Wrote: I mean, death punishment isn't intolerant.

Neither did I haha, the title and opening was enough.

But yes, nothing says "we love the gays" like tribes in Afghanistan toppling brick walls on top of live gay men, and public hangings in Tehran.

There's no better way to express your support for the LGBT community than throwing gay men down tall buildings.

It's kind of like when the WBC says they only tell you you're going to hell because they love you. Only taken further.
This is just another instance of No True Scotsman. Islam is peaceful and tolerant; Christianity is peaceful and tolerant; Judaism is peaceful and tolerant; Hinduism is peaceful and tolerant . . . and all those people doing those horrible things aren't True Muslims/Christians/Jews/Hindus/Buddhists/whateverists.
(January 20, 2015 at 11:53 am)Davka Wrote: This is just another instance of No True Scotsman. Islam is peaceful and tolerant; Christianity is peaceful and tolerant; Judaism is peaceful and tolerant; Hinduism is peaceful and tolerant . . . and all those people doing those horrible things aren't True Muslims/Christians/Jews/Hindus/Buddhists/whateverists.

Not quite. It's more like "there's only one true Scotsman, and he lives somewhere in south Asia"

One big 'No True Scotsman' fallacy. She claims:

1. Islam is really tolerant, progressive & inclusive
2. Those who are intolerant, unprogressive and/or exclusive aren't practicing real Islam, instead they're using their religion as an excuse for their 'innate' intolerance, bigotry and/or predjudice.
3. Any claim that Islam can be intolerant, unprogressive and/or exclusive is alienating to tolerant muslims, creates marginalisation and institutionalises islamophobia thus leading people to misunderstand/perceive Islam as intolerant etc when it's not.

This is all complete nonsense:

1. There are many valid (i.e. supported by the Qur'an/Hadiths) interpretations of Islam, some more tolerant than others. I'm uncertain where the majority lie on the distribution chart but there will be nationalised differences compared to the world-wide demographics. Some valid interpretations are intolerant of the LGBTQIA+ community. In 'caucasian, christianised, western' nations, this fact is understood by the thinking majority.
2. Some muslims learn their intolerance, bigotry & predjudice from the Qur'an/Hadiths.
3. The fact that some people are intolerant of Islam is no justification for the intolerance shown by some muslims towards the LGBTQIA+ community.

Also her definition of islamophobia is equivalent to racism thus missing the point that the majority of intolerance of muslims, world-wide, comes from other muslims and not 'caucasian, christianised westerners'.

Her point regarding marginalisation would be interesting if it were true that 'christianised, caucasian' people were generally intolerant of muslims however instead we see, in the accused nations, that tolerant people are siding with other tolerant people, irrespective of race, religion etc., in opposition to intolerance of all kinds.
Sum ergo sum
Tehran is the next big gay tourist destination, as long as you don't mind being shot.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious]Hold the presses! New and improved Quran coming! Gawdzilla Sama 12 1938 December 27, 2019 at 6:28 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why so serious? BrokenQuill92 9 1992 February 1, 2014 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Cosmic Perspective
  How can you say ALLAH should not and must not be there? nomercy 4 2683 March 7, 2012 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Nine