Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Robot Servants Already Attacking...
Our Robot Servants Already Attacking...
Really, we are going to be so screwed when the military succeeds in making robot warriors, as even something seemingly benign attacks:
  • When a South Korean woman invested in a robot ... the idea was to leave her trustworthy gadget to do its work while she took a break from household chores.

Instead, the 52-year-old resident of Changwon city ended up being the victim of what many believe is a peek into a dystopian future in which supposedly benign robots turn against their human masters.

Unable to free herself...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/fe...?CMP=fb_gu

And so the robot revolt begins....

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
RE: Our Robot Servants Already Attacking...
Can you imagine if someone was, say, sitting naked on the floor, meditating or something, with one of those things on the prowl?

*goes off to buy a Roomba*
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
That robot was acting in self defense
Maybe her hair was dirty and the robot wanted to help ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

HUAR!!!!!!!!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I for one welcome our new domestic robotic overlords.
(February 12, 2015 at 12:18 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I for one welcome our new domestic robotic overlords.

Given that a little vacuum cleaner put her in agony and required the fire department to help her, you are really not going to like what this is going to do to you:

And the militaries of various countries, including the U.S., are seriously working on robots to kill people:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_robot

Don't concern yourself about the "Geneva Convention" rules mentioned there; the U.S. ignores that whenever it pleases (ever heard of "enhanced interrogation?"—the U.S. hanged enemies after WW2 who did exactly the same things, but that did not stop the U.S. from doing these things recently).

It will come.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Personally I am a pacifist if any war should be fought and I had a army I would use sleeping gas grenades, tranquilizer guns, and bullet proof shields. War should not be a display of violence, but a means to peace and resolution between two disputing people. Robots should be used to prevent human casualties in war.
No Kill No Alert Phase, FTW!!!!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I for one am done sucking up to these machines - they should suck up for us!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Skynet is already here. ignoramus 8 767 June 12, 2021 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Already want to change my name again Foxaèr 14 806 July 12, 2020 at 1:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Who was already judged in a court ? viocjit 25 1924 March 17, 2019 at 6:17 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I'm already impressed by my new ISP Edwardo Piet 3 518 October 4, 2017 at 2:15 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Robot Dogs Are Not Immortal Pyrrho 16 1570 June 18, 2015 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Pakistani Teenager dies preventing suicide bomber from attacking his school Fidel_Castronaut 21 5502 January 12, 2014 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Chas
  I think I'm done here, already. Gambit 7 2086 July 19, 2012 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Self help for the already enlightened. superwoman20 4 1386 April 29, 2012 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: Jackalope