Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A plea for petition for Asia Bibi!
A plea for petition for Asia Bibi!
I'm not sure where else to post this on this forum, but in Pakistan there is a Christian woman called Asia Bibi who is being put to death on the accusation that she ''insulted Muhammad'' (blasphemy) --- even though there is no evidence she did so. She was beaten in front of her kids by violent Muslim police.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia_Bibi_blasphemy_case

The Christian rights minorities leader Shahbaz Bhatti and Pakistani Government politician Salmaan Taseer who with their rationality saw the absurdity in her sentence, and tried to save her were both murdered. The public in Pakistan want this woman dead.

I ask for you all to sign this petition from the website ''Call For Mercy'' which is to request her release. There is a chance this could work, because not only are world governments putting pressure on Pakistan but this organization is credible.

http://www.callformercy.com/

Reading this woman's case makes me sick, and only re-affirms my staunch Anti-Theism. While the rest of the world has improved its morality with secularism, Islamic countries continue to be held back.

Secularism is about doing is what is right regardless of what you are told. Religion is about doing what you are told regardless of what is right.

An example of the Christian minister, who opposed blasphemy law before his murder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBTBqUJomRE
RE: A plea for petition!
Have petitions like these ever helped?
RE: A plea for petition for Asia Bibi!
(February 17, 2015 at 6:50 pm)Nope Wrote: Have petitions like these ever helped?

They've often been endorsed by powerful figures/organizations, such as the media, The Pope, governments, etc.

I believe this has a chance because Pakistan has never really done this to a woman before. This is the first time; so killing this woman will threaten them with possible sanctions given the international outrage which has come from.
Hopefully her family will be given refugee status in some other country. According to the article they have also received death threats.
(February 17, 2015 at 7:06 pm)Nope Wrote: Hopefully her family will be given refugee status in some other country. According to the article they have also received death threats.

I hope so too - but the majority public called for the death of this woman. They are so intoxicated with this ideology that they lack compassion, those that do have compassion will be killed by radicals.

Makes you question our involvement in WHY we pay this country?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82adDypKNec
She's as good as dead.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Signed. I don't like the way the petition is worded though, as if everyone signing it is christian.

Why not make a petition for no one to be put to death, even if they did say Muhammad is a prick? Otherwise, the petition seems to be almost saying she shouldn't be put to death because of lack of evidence rather than it's a bad reason in the first place.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I didn't like it either but I signed it too.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(February 18, 2015 at 3:23 am)robvalue Wrote: Signed. I don't like the way the petition is worded though, as if everyone signing it is christian.

Why not make a petition for no one to be put to death, even if they did say Muhammad is a prick? Otherwise, the petition seems to be almost saying she shouldn't be put to death because of lack of evidence rather than it's a bad reason in the first place.

That bothered me too. Maybe the people who run the site can't comprehend that atheists would want Christians to be treated fairly and not be killed for blasphemy.
(February 18, 2015 at 11:09 am)Nope Wrote:
(February 18, 2015 at 3:23 am)robvalue Wrote: Signed. I don't like the way the petition is worded though, as if everyone signing it is christian.

That bothered me too. Maybe the people who run the site can't comprehend that atheists would want Christians to be treated fairly and not be killed for blasphemy.

I don't agree, I just think an Islamic response to Atheism would be much, much worse and less tolerant to that of a Christian one (and they're still pretty intolerant towards Christians). So declaring it religious is probably the smarter option, even though I'm an Atheist, I can see where they're coming from.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Petition UK Government Xygov 1 629 September 27, 2021 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Remove Bishops from House of Lords - Petition Mr Greene 19 2093 February 9, 2016 at 10:48 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Your thoughts on Satanism and the petition for a Satanic statue. Catholic_Lady 373 56281 September 24, 2015 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Deepthunk
  Thoughts on Atheism (and a plea to the religious) KnockEmOuttt 62 29063 July 9, 2012 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: KnockEmOuttt
  Petition the BSA to change its policy of discrimination kopper 15 5578 April 24, 2011 at 1:31 am
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Darwin at the Abbey - Petition ruperty 6 3859 December 6, 2008 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc