Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howdy
Howdy
I was looking through my old posts, in response to the thread on first posts/kudos and realized that I had never introduced myself. Apparently, with the migrants from CVA, I had felt comfortably at home (which has not changed) and just jumped right on in.

So here goes. Born in California, raised in Ohio and lived in Texas since '75. Baptized catholic at 5 and confirmed at 7, I never believed in a god and my parents even had a hell of a time trying to convince me there was a Santa Claus.

I am a science and math freak. I used to read a lot, but now I just do the movie thing, though still an occasional book or journal.

Looking through my old posts also brought to my attention that a lot of the original CVA group seems rather scarce now. Just kind of wondering how many of us are left?
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
RE: Howdy
Hiya hehe. Nice to umm...meet you again Big Grin :heart. I'll cook you up some blueberry welcome muffins shortly Wink
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Welcome IATIA!

It's been good having you around, my friend.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Muffins, now, huh? What about fruitcake? Well, a belated welcome to you, and thanks for a belated intro. Good to know something about posters here. "CVA" to me means a massive stroke. I never knew of that board. Maybe that board was indeed a massive stroke.

Anyhow, welcome from another CA native.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(February 19, 2015 at 9:30 pm)c172 Wrote: Maybe that board was indeed a massive stroke.
It was in the end, sorry to say, but c'est la vie.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

-- The Rev Lovejoy
(February 19, 2015 at 9:30 pm)c172 Wrote: Muffins, now, huh?

Yea, it's Mini's fault he asked for muffins.

0/10

I dig muffins. I could use a cornbread muffin right now. Mmmmm cornbread.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Cornbread is so easy to make, but so difficult to make good. Have not had a good cornbread muffin myself in a coon's age. Now I want one damn you. AAARRGH!
-- Homer Simpson

-- Ned Flanders

-- The Rev Lovejoy
I am so hungry. Everyone keeps talking about food all over the whole forum

0/10

With honey butter!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Howdy Munch 19 1219 May 2, 2019 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Howdy Icy 23 2167 July 22, 2018 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Howdy Imaginaryfriendless 35 4957 July 22, 2016 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Howdy from Texas! brian1570 71 7212 September 8, 2015 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Howdy! thehedglin 15 2481 August 30, 2015 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: MTL