Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm so fucking appalled at this
I'm so fucking appalled at this
There is a man, a charlatan, named Jim Humble, who is peddling the Miracle Mineral Supplement as a cure for Autism, Cancer, HIV, malaria, and many other things.

Wikipedia Wrote:Miracle Mineral Supplement, often referred to as Miracle Mineral Solution, Master Mineral Solution, or MMS, is a toxic solution of 28%[1] sodium chlorite in distilled water. The product contains essentially the same ingredient as industrial-strength bleach before "activation" with a food-grade acid. The name was coined by Jim Humble in his 2006 self-published book, The Miracle Mineral Solution of the 21st Century.[2] A more dilute version is marketed as Chlorine Dioxide Solution (CDS).[3]

MMS is falsely promoted as a cure for HIV, malaria, hepatitis viruses, the H1N1 flu virus, common colds, autism, acne, cancer, and much more. There have been no clinical trials to test these claims, which come only from anecdotal reports and Humble's book.[4][5] In January 2010, The Sydney Morning Herald reported that one vendor admitted that they do not repeat any of Humble's claims in writing to circumvent regulations against using it as a medicine.[6] Sellers sometimes describe MMS as a water purifier so as to circumvent medical regulations.[7] The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies rejected "in the strongest terms" reports by promoters of MMS that they had used the product to fight malaria.[8]

Sodium chlorite, the main constituent of MMS, is a toxic chemical[9][10] that can cause acute renal failure[11] if ingested. Small amounts of about 1 gram can be expected to cause nausea, vomiting and even life-threatening hemolysis in persons who are deficient in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase. When citric acid or other food acid is used to "activate" MMS as described in its instructions,[12] the mixture produces an aqueous solution containing chlorine dioxide, a toxin and a potent oxidizing agent used in the treatment of water and in bleaching.[1] The United States Environmental Protection Agency has set a maximum level of 0.8 mg/L for chlorine dioxide in drinking water.[13] Naren Gunja, director of the New South Wales Poisons Information Centre, has stated that using the product is "a bit like drinking concentrated bleach" and that users have displayed symptoms consistent with corrosive injuries, such as vomiting, stomach pains, and diarrhea.[14]

Parents of children with autism are advised to give their children enemas to clear their bodies of yeast and vaccines. When this MMS is mixed with citric acid(say, orange juice, as the label suggests, a chemical reaction occurs that turns the substance into Chlorine Dioxide, which is the main ingredient in bleach).

So bleach enemas that induce serious vomiting, and dehydration. This is what the FDA thinks of it.

These poor children. And to some extent the poor parents. I could only imagine what the grief of seeing your child retract into him/herself would drive me to do, but I know it wouldn't drive me to shove bleach up my toddler's butt. Fuck them for that.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
RE: I'm so fucking appalled at this
(February 20, 2015 at 3:37 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: There is a man, a charlatan, named Jim Humble, who is peddling the Miracle Mineral Supplement as a cure for Autism, Cancer, HIV, malaria, and many other things.

Wikipedia Wrote:Miracle Mineral Supplement, often referred to as Miracle Mineral Solution, Master Mineral Solution, or MMS, is a toxic solution of 28%[1] sodium chlorite in distilled water. The product contains essentially the same ingredient as industrial-strength bleach before "activation" with a food-grade acid. The name was coined by Jim Humble in his 2006 self-published book, The Miracle Mineral Solution of the 21st Century.[2] A more dilute version is marketed as Chlorine Dioxide Solution (CDS).[3]

MMS is falsely promoted as a cure for HIV, malaria, hepatitis viruses, the H1N1 flu virus, common colds, autism, acne, cancer, and much more. There have been no clinical trials to test these claims, which come only from anecdotal reports and Humble's book.[4][5] In January 2010, The Sydney Morning Herald reported that one vendor admitted that they do not repeat any of Humble's claims in writing to circumvent regulations against using it as a medicine.[6] Sellers sometimes describe MMS as a water purifier so as to circumvent medical regulations.[7] The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies rejected "in the strongest terms" reports by promoters of MMS that they had used the product to fight malaria.[8]

Sodium chlorite, the main constituent of MMS, is a toxic chemical[9][10] that can cause acute renal failure[11] if ingested. Small amounts of about 1 gram can be expected to cause nausea, vomiting and even life-threatening hemolysis in persons who are deficient in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase. When citric acid or other food acid is used to "activate" MMS as described in its instructions,[12] the mixture produces an aqueous solution containing chlorine dioxide, a toxin and a potent oxidizing agent used in the treatment of water and in bleaching.[1] The United States Environmental Protection Agency has set a maximum level of 0.8 mg/L for chlorine dioxide in drinking water.[13] Naren Gunja, director of the New South Wales Poisons Information Centre, has stated that using the product is "a bit like drinking concentrated bleach" and that users have displayed symptoms consistent with corrosive injuries, such as vomiting, stomach pains, and diarrhea.[14]

Parents of children with autism are advised to give their children enemas to clear their bodies of yeast and vaccines. When this MMS is mixed with citric acid(say, orange juice, as the label suggests, a chemical reaction occurs that turns the substance into Chlorine Dioxide, which is the main ingredient in bleach).

So bleach enemas that induce serious vomiting, and dehydration. This is what the FDA thinks of it.

These poor children. And to some extent the poor parents. I could only imagine what the grief of seeing your child retract into him/herself would drive me to do, but I know it wouldn't drive me to shove bleach up my toddler's butt. Fuck them for that.

I saw a woman interviewed on TV with her son, who had worked with him constantly daily (even quitting her job to do this) on his verbal and social interaction, and cured him from being autistic and dysfunctional to a perfectly normal responding boy where you couldn't tell anything had ever been wrong.

it took a lot, no shortcut, no way out but the long arduous task of retraining his every response to go from no reaction to the right sounds, words and gestures to work with his mother.

I respect that woman and wish all parents had that support.

if people understood what works they won't fall for shortcuts
that can't possibly replace the real work it takes to rewire that conditioning.

(same with spiritual healing that really works but takes deep and longterm therapy, and is obviously nothing like the fake claims of faith healing. if people know how the REAL therapy works which can be grueling to go through, there is no confusing that with fake superficial rituals or magic pills that can't replace the inner work and changes over a long time)
(February 20, 2015 at 3:48 pm)emilynghiem Wrote: I saw a woman interviewed on TV with her son, who had worked with him constantly daily (even quitting her job to do this) on his verbal and social interaction, and cured him from being autistic and dysfunctional to a perfectly normal responding boy where you couldn't tell anything had ever been wrong.

I find that extremely hard to believe even a little bit. Source please.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(February 20, 2015 at 3:48 pm)emilynghiem Wrote:
(February 20, 2015 at 3:37 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: There is a man, a charlatan, named Jim Humble, who is peddling the Miracle Mineral Supplement as a cure for Autism, Cancer, HIV, malaria, and many other things.

I saw a woman interviewed on TV with her son, who had worked with him constantly daily (even quitting her job to do this) on his verbal and social interaction, and cured him from being autistic and dysfunctional to a perfectly normal responding boy where you couldn't tell anything had ever been wrong.

it took a lot, no shortcut, no way out but the long arduous task of retraining his every response to go from no reaction to the right sounds, words and gestures to work with his mother.

I respect that woman and wish all parents had that support.

if people understood what works they won't fall for shortcuts
that can't possibly replace the real work it takes to rewire that conditioning.

(same with spiritual healing that really works but takes deep and longterm therapy, and is obviously nothing like the fake claims of faith healing. if people know how the REAL therapy works which can be grueling to go through, there is no confusing that with fake superficial rituals or magic pills that can't replace the inner work and changes over a long time)

I'm sorry but that sounds like a load of shit to me. You can't cure autism. You can make it manageable but you can't cure it. Oh and there's no such thing as spiritual healing.

As for the OP, I read about this a while back. It's pretty fucked up. Anyone who gives their child a bleach enema deserves to be jailed for child abuse. That is so fucked up.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
This is utterly appalling Sad
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
So, this is illegal, right? I mean, at the very least it's false advertizing; I can't imagine it'd be hard to shut down yet another snake oil peddler, or bury him under the weight of the lawsuits that simply must be coming his way.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  They’re All Fucking Short-Bus People brewer 20 1292 May 21, 2021 at 11:07 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Fucking Catholic Sacks of Shit Minimalist 0 438 October 28, 2018 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Jesus Fucking Christ....Florida Got Hammered! Minimalist 30 1438 October 12, 2018 at 5:14 am
Last Post: Nakara
  Fucking Rudy Giuliani Minimalist 1 331 August 29, 2018 at 11:56 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Yeah...Murrican Health Care is Fucking Marvelous Minimalist 9 1129 August 28, 2018 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The Fucking WLB Has Even Lost The NY Post Minimalist 1 408 June 19, 2018 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The Fucking Moron Just Doesn't Know Anything Minimalist 9 1136 June 8, 2018 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Which fucking moron chooses to wage war on all other major powers at once? Anomalocaris 16 1617 June 1, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fucking Paul Ryan - No Balls Minimalist 7 956 May 4, 2018 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Fucking Mall Cops Losty 3 424 April 28, 2018 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet