Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bangladeshi Atheist Blogger Killed by Islamists
Bangladeshi Atheist Blogger Killed by Islamists
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/fe...bangladesh

Quote:A prominent American blogger of Bangladeshi origin has been hacked to death with machetes by unidentified assailants in Dhaka, after he allegedly received threats from Islamists.

The body of Avijit Roy, founder of the Mukto-Mona (Free-mind) blog site – which champions liberal secular writing in the Muslim-majority nation – was found covered in blood after an attack that also left his wife critically wounded.

Roy, who was 42, is the second Bangladeshi blogger to have been murdered in two years and the fourth writer to have been attacked since 2004.

Hardline Islamist groups have long demanded the public killing of atheist bloggers and sought new laws to deal with writing critical of Islam.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
RE: Bangladeshi Atheist Blogger Killed by Islamists
That's shocking.
I read about this earlier today. So sad. I can't imagine the shock and horror his wife must still be in.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
Fucking cowards!
Weak feeble religion, it can't stand a little criticism
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Miserable cowardly cunts. Your religion is utterly pathetic.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
If you have to kill people in defense of your beliefs, drop your beliefs. This is sickening.
My wife found this. It's a great summary of their "beliefs".

[Image: llvY09B.png]
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
The religion of peace at its best
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

What a shame, what a fucking shame. It's also a shame that the murderers will likely get away with their crime.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Murder mystery: what killed Christianity in Europe? Razzle 50 8364 May 3, 2015 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: TheMessiah
  Late Charlie Hebdo Editor Wrote About Islamophobia Days Before He Was Killed Mudhammam 1 1015 April 18, 2015 at 3:54 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Atheist Blogger Sentenced in Saudi Arabia The Valkyrie 8 1489 May 8, 2014 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  Men & children killed & dismembered by an atheist. WinterHold 90 34924 February 13, 2013 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  "Prominent atheist blogger" turned catholic -- ever heard of her? Taqiyya Mockingbird 22 10942 July 5, 2012 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Can being an atheist in America get you killed? Cyberman 7 3642 March 18, 2012 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Napoléon