Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cameron wants to bring back fox hunting
Cameron wants to bring back fox hunting
For those in the UK, please vote for anyone but this piece of shit.

I hope I don't have to explain to anyone why fox hunting is a sickening and depraved "sport". It is fitting that only MPs would vote on it, as the rest of the UK don't have the excess time or money to waste on blood sports.

I'm sick of entitled toffs floating several strata above reality.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics...-hunt.html

Quote:People in the countryside must have “the freedom to hunt”, David Cameron has said, as he backed a repeal of the foxhunting ban.

The Prime Minister has pledged to give MPs a free vote on whether to repeal the Hunting Act if the Tories win the election.

He said that the act “has done nothing for animal welfare” and that he shares “the frustration” about the hunting ban.

Writing in Western Morning News, Mr Cameron said that he has “always been a strong supporter of country sports”.

“It is my firm belief that people should have the freedom to hunt, so I share the frustration that many people feel about the Hunting Act and the way it was brought in by the last government,” he said.

“The Hunting Act has done nothing for animal welfare. A Conservative Government will give Parliament the opportunity to repeal the Hunting Act on a free vote, with a government Bill in government time.”
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Cameron wants to bring back fox hunting
I'm an American ... a Texan to be exact, which means to the rest of the world when they know that , that we all wear cowboy hats, have longhorns on the front of our white Cadillac Eldorado convertibles, carry six shooters on our hips, and HUNT whenever, and whatever possible ! Dear, Bear, Mountain Lion ...

I would like to say for myself, that I was raised in downtown Houston, the 4th largest CITY in the country ... on CONCRETE !!

I do not use the word "ya'll" ... in fact, if you eliminated "dude" and "fuck", you would rob me of two thirds of my vocabulary !!

And I just said all that to say .... I think it should be legal to hunt anything you want ..... as long as you do it with a knife !

Doc
Of course calling fox hunting "hunting" is bullshit, it's not hunting in any shape or form. It's dragging out the death of a creature as long as possible, and scaring it to death, for entertainment.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(March 9, 2015 at 6:49 am)Wychdoctyr Wrote: And I just said all that to say .... I think it should be legal to hunt anything you want ..... as long as you do it with a knife !

Also, the most a hunter should be allowed to wear is a loin cloth.
I was being facetious and agreeing with you . Hunting is stupid and cruel , and in this age, totally unnecessary !

If you took away their phallic empowerment ... their guns .... they would be scared of squirrels and hamsters.

Doc
Sure, yeah I got that Smile I too am against hunting in general. But at the very least I would expect a hunter to go for a clean kill with minimal suffering, that is the exact opposite that fucking toff boy is proposing we bring back.

The propositon that people need the right to do this is breathtaking.

Index of my best videos
http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/outdo...nting1.htm

I know nothing about fox hunting so I looked up more information.

Quote:After years of passionate debate, the House of Commons finally voted in 2004 to pass the Hunting Ban; the final count was 356 to 166 [source: Alvaraz]. The ban made the use of dogs to kill prey illegal. Basically, riders could still follow hounds on horseback as hounds chased the fox, but when the fox is found, all but two dogs must be restrained. Those two dogs aren't allowed to kill the fox, as before, but may flush it out so that the hunter kills it with a gun. So in the end, what's so bad about fox hunting is not that the fox died, but that the fox was dying at the claws of dogs.

It sounds as if they can still kill foxes and engage in all the rituals of the fox hunt but they can't let the dogs kill the animal. They are fighting for the right to let their dogs tear the prey apart instead of killing it quickly?
Yes. The "hunt" is to try and drag this process out as long as possible, to keep the fox alive while the dogs pursue it, to the point where it becomes so stressed and exhausted it can simply go on no more. Then the dogs rip it to pieces. Sometimes the fox's heart can explode from the stress, my wife informed me today.

This is what they want to bring back.

If, for some reason, foxes "need" to be culled, there is fuck all reason to have to do it like this.

Last time I checked, something like 90% of people in the UK were against fox hunting, so this seems like a stupid move. It's only the very rich and evil who want to do it, read "Tory party donators". So this is an obvious attempt to suck up to them, but I can see this backfiring badly.

Index of my best videos
Well I certainly won't be voting for Cameron, and fox-hunting is one of the multitude of reasons why!
I see nothing wrong in killing an animal for food or for protection of self and family, it should be done as quickly and cleanly as possible. If you want to kill for pleasure then you are beneath contempt and I hope you have a long and miserable life followed by a slow and lingering death.
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do conservatives believe the shit on Fox News? Spongebob 119 8859 August 31, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Atheists: Where are you? And who wants to know? Sanau 21 1291 March 29, 2020 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1579 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Fox has just been insulted YahwehIsTheWay 11 1100 November 27, 2018 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Even The FOX FUX Have Had Eniough of the Orange Turdfuhrer Minimalist 2 377 October 11, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Why does Politics bring out the worst in so many people? GODZILLA 21 2037 October 10, 2018 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  FOX Being Dragged Down By Their Anchor Minimalist 10 1666 August 23, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  When FOX Fires Shep Smith I Hope MSNBC Hires Him Minimalist 2 504 August 2, 2018 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Joods
  The Thin-Skinned Orange Shitgibbon Can Only Handle Fox. Minimalist 0 358 July 25, 2018 at 1:58 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Conservative Asskisser Wants Obama Back Minimalist 8 2011 July 20, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: A Theist