Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 7, 2024, 6:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians are medical geniuses
Christians are medical geniuses
Quote:Today, I told my mom I've been having sleep issues and asked if she could take me to the doctor. She decided I just need to read the Bible more. Needless to say, I still can't sleep. FML

FML Site

Anecdotes like this are very common. Share your own example of christian medical "advice".
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
RE: Christians are medical geniuses
Your mom may be on to something. Reading the Bible puts me to sleep.
Jesus can cure you of being gay.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(March 20, 2015 at 7:48 am)robvalue Wrote: Jesus can cure you of being gay.

I don't know. He's alway super cut and barely dressed...
(March 20, 2015 at 8:42 am)Spooky Wrote:
(March 20, 2015 at 7:48 am)robvalue Wrote: Jesus can cure you of being gay.

I don't know. He's alway super cut and barely dressed...

And all he does is hang out with dudes who follow his every command..
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
My former mother in law was very religious. Her best friend was a midwife and very religious also.

We were young, poor, and broke when I was having my first son. As a "gift" to us, my mother in law's friend was our midwife for free. (Also, as a teaching experience for 2 students)

I want to make it crystal clear I have no problem with anyone's choice when it comes to the birthing of their child and support whatever is right for them.

Cut to the chase, after being 2 weeks overdue, not one actual Doctor appointment. 20 hours of labor and the women's 2 hour prayer circle, I ended up at the hospital with an emergency c section and a baby in fetal distress. Glad I was asked to go, by my ex. They even still scoffed and guilt tripped me that I didn't "trust God" and stay home to give birth.
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
(March 20, 2015 at 9:00 am)Kitty Galore Wrote: Cut to the chase, after being 2 weeks overdue, not one actual Doctor appointment. 20 hours of labor and the women's 2 hour prayer circle, I ended up at the hospital with an emergency c section and a baby in fetal distress. Glad I was asked to go, by my ex. They even still scoffed and guilt tripped me that I didn't "trust God" and stay home to give birth.
In the UK, that would not only be malpractice but criminal negligence. Were you able to take any action?
Sum ergo sum
...damn
Glad you're OK, how is the little one?
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(March 20, 2015 at 7:30 am)Cato Wrote: Your mom may be on to something. Reading the Bible puts me to sleep.

T'was the first thing going through my mind also.

(March 20, 2015 at 8:42 am)Spooky Wrote: I don't know. He's alway super cut and barely dressed...

Not to mention being into the hard stuff, with all the thorns, nails and crosses.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7899 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31406 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Charged for "faith healing" over medical care Foxaèr 18 5097 October 16, 2015 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51468 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15883 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 9976 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris