Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Southerners:
Dear Southerners:
Today is the 150th Anniversary of Lee's surrender at Appomatox.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2015040...6d310.html

Quote:The surrender of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee to Union Lt. Gen. Ulysses S. Grant 150 years ago Thursday effectively ended the Civil War.

You lost.  Get the fuck over it.
RE: Dear Southerners:
I didn't lose a goddamned thing. Matter of fact, I gained a lot by that first step towards a more-inclusive nation. Smile

Tell the shitheads, will ya?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/04/texas...nfederate/

Quote:David Moore, Lieutenant Division Commander of the Texas Sons of Confederate Veterans, told the Post that the flag shouldn’t be seen as a symbol of slavery, because the Civil War was actually fought over state’s rights, and the South only joined in the fight after it was “invaded by Northern troops.”

They need a little work on history in Texas.  Clearly whatever they are teaching is fucked up.
Oh, they opened fire on Fort Sumter because of a Northern invasion? I didn't know that. Then again, I wasn't homeschooled by ignorant shitheads.
The American flag is more racist than the Confederate flag as more evil focused on racial differences was ever done by the United States than the Confederate States and the American flag represents the United States.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
While living in South Carolina I was corrected when I said 'Civil War'. I was told quite sternly that it was 'The War of Northern Aggression.'

I missed that chapter in school apparently.

Also never figured out why I was considered a Yankee since I had a southern mother, was born in the south, and had a midwestern father. I assume that the fact that I crossed the Mason-Dixon line as a child and didn't return for a couple decades means I am a traitor.

Oh, and the Catholic upbringing didn't help my cause either. I was never so happy to leave a state. Texas has it's issues but it's a lot better than SC.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(April 9, 2015 at 3:27 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Today is the 150th Anniversary of Lee's surrender at Appomatox.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2015040...6d310.html

Quote:The surrender of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee to Union Lt. Gen. Ulysses S. Grant 150 years ago Thursday effectively ended the Civil War.

You lost.  Get the fuck over it.

Lol I had someone on line tell me that I was a Yankee because I didn't buy his statement that the Civil War was about state's rights and taxes. We are in the 21rst century and some idiot thinks the word, Yankee is an insult. I told him the south lost so he and I were both Yankees. He stopped interacting with me after that.
(April 9, 2015 at 7:26 pm)anjele Wrote: While living in South Carolina I was corrected when I said 'Civil War'.  I was told quite sternly that it was 'The War of Northern Aggression.'

Also never figured out why I was considered a Yankee since I had a southern mother, was born in the south, and had a midwestern father.  I assume that the fact that I crossed the Mason-Dixon line as a child and didn't return for a couple decades means I am a traitor.

Oh, and the Catholic upbringing didn't help my cause either.  I was never so happy to leave a state.  Texas has it's issues but it's a lot better than SC.

When I went to North Carolina and was impressed with how great a state it was and how it didn't fit my expectations (I was expecting it to be more like the South than it was), everyone there mentioned to just go to South Carolina to see my expectations met.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(April 9, 2015 at 7:29 pm)Polaris Wrote:
(April 9, 2015 at 7:26 pm)anjele Wrote: While living in South Carolina I was corrected when I said 'Civil War'.  I was told quite sternly that it was 'The War of Northern Aggression.'

Also never figured out why I was considered a Yankee since I had a southern mother, was born in the south, and had a midwestern father.  I assume that the fact that I crossed the Mason-Dixon line as a child and didn't return for a couple decades means I am a traitor.

Oh, and the Catholic upbringing didn't help my cause either.  I was never so happy to leave a state.  Texas has it's issues but it's a lot better than SC.

When I went to North Carolina and was impressed with how great a state it was and how it didn't fit my expectations (I was expecting it to be more like the South than it was), everyone there mentioned to just go the South Carolina to see my expectations met.

That's true in a lot of places in NC.  I was born on the Outer Banks so the 'southerners' I experienced later in SC were quite a shock to me.  And they are still fighting the war...just ask 'em.  

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(April 9, 2015 at 7:32 pm)anjele Wrote:
(April 9, 2015 at 7:29 pm)Polaris Wrote: When I went to North Carolina and was impressed with how great a state it was and how it didn't fit my expectations (I was expecting it to be more like the South than it was), everyone there mentioned to just go the South Carolina to see my expectations met.

That's true in a lot of places in NC.  I was born on the Outer Banks so the 'southerners' I experienced later in SC were quite a shock to me.  And they are still fighting the war...just ask 'em.  

It's odd, but I found Northern Virginia to be more like the South in places than North Carolina. Maybe it was moving from California and seeing "The South Will Rise Again" that spooked me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear Orange Fuckface-Your Act Is Getting Old Minimalist 0 239 August 31, 2018 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dear Britain: Minimalist 9 974 December 26, 2017 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Dear Britain Minimalist 9 1205 December 1, 2017 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Dear Orange Shitball - Forget About Fucking Coal. Minimalist 4 956 June 27, 2017 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Dear Madame Chancellor, Minimalist 1 463 May 28, 2017 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: Mrs.B
  Dear Indiana, Fuck You Minimalist 2 840 May 22, 2017 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dear Republicunt Dickheads, Minimalist 23 2019 June 22, 2016 at 2:03 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  The Dear Leader is MIA in Public JesusHChrist 16 3316 October 10, 2014 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox