Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 11:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Objections to bibles in school gets threats.
Objections to bibles in school gets threats.
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/atheist-...e-victims/
RE: Objections to bibles in school gets threats.
Quote:Her eldest daughter, who was a high school junior when she started school there, was called “a devil worshipping lesbian transvestite whore” because she did not believe in God, Lea said.

Quote:But she said the bullying had increased in intensity after she complained about the Bible distribution, so she has decided to place her house on the market and move away.

“I began to fear for mine and my son’s safety when I read ‘run her out of town’ and ‘snitches end up in ditches,’” Lea said.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/atheist-...e-victims/

One can just feel the Christian love.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
This demonstrates exactly WHY there is a separation between church and state. It's not just the law; it's a really good idea.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I'm starting to become convinced that fundamentalist churches secretly kidnap all their members and replace them with rabid wolverines in human costumes. It's really the only way to explain what fucking animals they can be whenever they're challenged on any issue.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
As long as they are passing out the correct bibles in church school what's the problem ??

Hell, I'd send a check to pay for some KJV 1611s, and I'd make the fucking catholic brats read them and maybe save a few from the eternal torments.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Quote:A Satanic Temple chapter asked permission to distribute materials, and the school district said it would end Bible handouts for elementary students.

I am really starting to love the Satanists.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(May 2, 2015 at 10:04 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
Quote:A Satanic Temple chapter asked permission to distribute materials, and the school district said it would end Bible handouts for elementary students.

Better people than jesus freaks, for sure.
(May 2, 2015 at 10:04 pm)Faith No More Wrote:

Me too! Whatever works for church-state separation. A little humor doesn't hurt either!  Diablo
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Hooray satanists, good job stepping up to those idiots.

Christians are always the victims, even when they threaten people's lives. They like to cherry-pick the constitution, the way they do, their bible. They criticize the middle east, but they want a right-wing traditionalist theocracy. Classic christian ignorance..
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
Good job Satanists!

It is really sad that it takes such a ridiculous method to get them to realize how entitled they are.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade FlatAssembler 764 27237 July 18, 2023 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  SpaceX gets FAA launch approval, provided they fund interest groups HappySkeptic 10 847 June 15, 2022 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 5892 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Misinformation drops dramatically after Trump gets banned from Twitter TaraJo 22 1689 January 20, 2021 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  UK Police officer gets stuck in handcuffs in training zebo-the-fat 10 1003 August 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Border Control Gets Bipartisan Support onlinebiker 20 1396 August 6, 2020 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  No more contraceptives due to religious objections Foxaèr 6 466 July 9, 2020 at 7:20 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Denver Radio Host wishes for "Nice School Shooting" to interrupt Impeachment Divinity 17 1371 December 20, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  MAGA "Tough Guy " Gets His Clock Cleaned By Immigrant In The UFC The Architect Of Fate 28 2657 December 19, 2019 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  School of Hard Rock Hotel knocks. Brian37 5 656 October 15, 2019 at 5:44 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4