Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 10:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what to do when thiests take you on a guilt trip?
what to do when thiests take you on a guilt trip?
for being an Atheist,they are in majority and gang up on you and make you feel bad,i have a thick skin but i am sad that i am getting so much hate online for being an Atheist
“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
― Voltaire
RE: what to do when thiests take you on a guilt trip?
What are they guilt-tripping you with exactly?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

You mean all the fire and brimstone shit? Ignore it, but take action if they start actually threatening you
can't you just feel the christian love?
(May 4, 2015 at 10:44 am)Alex K Wrote: What are they guilt-tripping you with exactly?

they don't even listen what i have to say,they just say that you deserve hell,Atheists are the worst kind of people,they are ungrateful,illogical and bla bla

i was just looking for some Atheists around my area and also i asked people in my country that how would they react to an Atheist,the response is not good

(May 4, 2015 at 10:46 am)Neimenovic Wrote: You mean all the fire and brimstone shit? Ignore it, but take action if they start actually threatening you
can't you just feel the christian love?

lol its Muslim love here,it goes way beyond the christian love
― Voltaire
Go to a different website?
(May 4, 2015 at 10:48 am)FreeTony Wrote: Go to a different website?

I tried a few sites,most are not very active and most Atheist sites are blocked
― Voltaire
Oh I see... maybe it's best you don't discuss it with them? From what you say it sounds like there's no point in a debate anyway, so maybe you should just spare yourself the nerves, bub
(May 4, 2015 at 10:47 am)Twisted Wrote:
(May 4, 2015 at 10:44 am)Alex K Wrote: What are they guilt-tripping you with exactly?

they don't even listen what i have to say,they just say that you deserve hell,Atheists are the worst kind of people,they are ungrateful,illogical and bla bla
That's not a guilt trip, that's shunning bullying and condemnation. I would simply state that they are in fact the bad people in this conversation, because the espouse prejudice and hateful rhetoric. That would be all there is to say for me.
Quote:i was just looking for some Atheists around my area and also i asked people in my country that how would they react to an Atheist,the response is not good

What's your country?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

If they say I'm immoral, and ask why I'm not out doing all kinds of evil stuff, I can ask them why they think they're better than me when they need a carrot or a stick to get them to do stuff. I am ignoring the promise of heaven, and the threat of hell, yet I'm NOT going around hurting people because of a difference of beliefs.

GC sometimes tells me I don't read enough of the bible, but I'm just taking things at face value. I don't assume that something must be happening behind the scenes to exonerate their deity of wrongdoings. If the best their god can do for society is something slightly more progressive than contemporary culture at best, then he's not worthy of worship. There have been people throughout history that have been more progressive than mainstream, and have done good for societies. I don't worship them either.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Where exactly are you getting this hate online? Facebook?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My take on one of the arguments about omnipotence ShinyCrystals 9 698 September 4, 2023 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Don't take it personally. Mystic 83 7336 October 16, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  What godly miracle would it take? Astonished 48 14602 October 8, 2017 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Question How Much Evidence Will It Take You To Believe In God??? Edward John 370 38847 November 16, 2016 at 4:03 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Converting Atheists with Guilt Knight000 19 5183 September 10, 2015 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: CristW
  How long did it take for you to deconvert? What made you change your mind? IanHulett 27 7733 August 6, 2015 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  What Would It Take To Be Convinced? PhilosophicalZebra 71 10391 May 6, 2015 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: robvalue
Question Is the Chapel Hill incident hypocritical of Anti-Thiests? coolfunkDJ 30 7298 March 3, 2015 at 12:08 am
Last Post: psychoslice
  Heh... take a look at this dyresand 15 2595 January 20, 2015 at 9:45 am
Last Post: Losty
  What would it take? eyemixer 18 4020 March 1, 2014 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: truthBtold