Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems With the Bible Pt 7 - Moses
Video 
Problems With the Bible Pt 7 - Moses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-gCY1L6Z3U

The latest in the problems with the bible series, this video talks about Moses from the time of his birth to the time he parted the red sea (its a fairly short video because my recording room was stupidly hot, thanks Georgia) soon I'll be discussing the more interesting parts of Moses's life, like when he becomes a warmonger and starts capturing little girls to be his sex slaves.  Also the video is unnaturally red so its not just you, blame my editor  Big Grin
RE: Problems With the Bible Pt 7 - Moses
I don't take it literally so it is as wrong as the movie based on real events.
anti-logical Fallacies of Ambiguity
I can't listen to that guy.

But Moses is as phony as a $3 bill.

Quote:In 2360 B.C.: I am Sargon, the powerful king, the king of Akkad. My mother was an Enitu priestess, I did not know any father . . . . My mother conceived me and bore me in secret. She put me in a little box made of reeds, sealing its lid with pitch. She put me in the river. . . . The river carried me away and brought me to Akki the drawer of water. Akki the drawer of water adopted me and brought me up as his son. . .

The basket-story is a very old Semitic folk-tale. It was handed down by word of mouth for many centuries. The Sargon legend of the third millennium B.C. is found on Neo-Babylonian cuneiform tablets of the first millennium B.C. It is nothing more than the frills with which prosperity has always loved to adorn the lives of great men. Who would dream of doubting the historicity of the Emperor Barbarossa, simply because he is said to be still sleeping under Kyffhauser?

I wonder where they got the story from?
(May 23, 2015 at 8:58 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I can't listen to that guy.

But Moses is as phony as a $3 bill.

Quote:In 2360 B.C.: I am Sargon, the powerful king, the king of Akkad. My mother was an Enitu priestess, I did not know any father . . . . My mother conceived me and bore me in secret. She put me in a little box made of reeds, sealing its lid with pitch. She put me in the river. . . . The river carried me away and brought me to Akki the drawer of water. Akki the drawer of water adopted me and brought me up as his son. . .

The basket-story is a very old Semitic folk-tale. It was handed down by word of mouth for many centuries. The Sargon legend of the third millennium B.C. is found on Neo-Babylonian cuneiform tablets of the first millennium B.C. It is nothing more than the frills with which prosperity has always loved to adorn the lives of great men. Who would dream of doubting the historicity of the Emperor Barbarossa, simply because he is said to be still sleeping under Kyffhauser?

I wonder where they got the story from?

Yeah, I gotta say, anything without citations / sources is poopy stinky.
Use google.  Sargon birth legend.

I'm not your fucking secretary.

And while you're at it check out the birth legend of Romulus and Remus.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Serious Problems with Atheism Pulse 300 23967 January 29, 2017 at 4:22 am
Last Post: maestroanth
Video Problems With the Bible pt 8 - Jonah and the Whale Mental Outlaw 0 840 July 26, 2015 at 11:38 am
Last Post: Mental Outlaw
  The Problems with Heaven (besides not existing) Mental Outlaw 0 1069 July 10, 2015 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Mental Outlaw
  Argument of first world problems - WRONG! Dystopia 28 7872 January 18, 2015 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  ever think that all our problems exist because of other people? Jextin 11 4192 January 3, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Marriage problems with theist Roshambo 19 9040 March 9, 2012 at 1:38 am
Last Post: Violet
  No problems with atheism then... Godnose 182 51849 August 23, 2011 at 9:19 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Problems with atheism Godnose 127 37850 August 22, 2011 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused