Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ever think that all our problems exist because of other people?
ever think that all our problems exist because of other people?
I guess this is kind of a part 2 of my previous thread. but basically as i look back on my life i feel like 100% of my misery came because of other people. And i know society will step in with its cliche "its on you! you have to control how you react, etc" but as i look around it just seems like BS

ie: guys who get married and wife cheats and they hit her and then spend life in jail...if they never got involved with her they could be free right now.

then societies cliche steps in "oh well if you don't take a risk whats the point of living...besides its his fault he couldn't control himself"

though as I look around even people who have "successful" marriages, doesn't seem like its worth it.

and even in general when i look back on my life, whenever I felt sad its because of something someone else said or did to me, pretty much every single time.

Im getting older now and I live on my own and I feel a lot better. I dont even play any MMO online games anymore and hardly visit forums anymore, and I notice days where I keep to myself go pretty nicely. then i hop in a game or a forum, people start being mean to me and i start feeling depressed again.

i know a lot of people will just blame me, but i feel like I am better off keeping to myself and out of trouble. and if you guys knew me like 5 years ago you'd know i was as social as a golden retriever.

as i get older life in general just seems like shit to me. people are all the same pretty much with tiny differences, everything is pretty much the same shit. food all tastes the same, all the songs are about romance, and all the movies end the same pretty much. everything is the same.

but then people "oh but thats life!!...other people can make you happy too!" but that seems like bs to me, cus overall i get more upset from others and even when im struggling and ask someone for advice they just act condescending towards me, so i feel better off alone and find happiness with myself which i feel is better than being around others. recently i pretend that a metor came and killed everyone in the world and all the people working at grocery store etc are just robots (which in a way i always felt like others are robots cus no one seems to be alive IMO besides myself (see my previous thread) ) but im just hoping one day i will die sooner than later and i can stop existing.. otherwise if there is a god and he makes me live another life idk what ill do...but then again if a god has that much control there is nothing i can do but suffer Sad

i also remember the bob marley quote “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” - but i think im at a point where i feel like i am better off alone. especially with my mental illness i suffer enough by myself.
RE: ever think that all our problems exist because of other people?
Shit happens. Some blame all the bad shit on the devil. Where as someone like me i blame dumb shit happening into idiots. All in all we all live in a world where shit unfortunately is going to happen. Some good things some bad things all in all it can the person who is doing terrible things is to be blamed but the best thing to do is stay clear of incoming shit.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(January 3, 2015 at 10:19 am)dyresand Wrote: Shit happens. Some blame all the bad shit on the devil. Where as someone like me i blame dumb shit happening into idiots. All in all we all live in a world where shit unfortunately is going to happen. Some good things some bad things all in all it can the person who is doing terrible things is to be blamed but the best thing to do is stay clear of incoming shit.

Yeah i guess thats similar to what im saying. im just really scared lately cus i feel exhausted from this life and i really hope as an atheist i can die and stop existing cus if i have to reincarnate or pretend to be happy in heaven that would be the ultimate hell.

yoda's quote ftw: “Soon will I rest, yes, forever sleep. Earned it I have. Twilight is upon me, soon night must fall.”
IIRC yoda died of old age.
(January 3, 2015 at 10:25 am)LastPoet Wrote: IIRC yoda died of old age.

yeah, thats what i mean. hoping i die soon of old age or just even in general if i got cancer or in a car accident, its all the same really. i just hope i can die then stop existing. cus lot of people in christianforums saying that we are eternal beings and we dont stop existing after we die, and i just think thats really unfair i really want to stop existing, assuming that i actually do exist right now. how do we even know that any of us exist, what if we dont? cliche says "i think therefore i am!" but what if every thought we have is just information being processed somewhere else? from the most primitive to creative thoughts all to make us think we exist.
(January 3, 2015 at 10:21 am)Jextin Wrote:
(January 3, 2015 at 10:19 am)dyresand Wrote: Shit happens. Some blame all the bad shit on the devil. Where as someone like me i blame dumb shit happening into idiots. All in all we all live in a world where shit unfortunately is going to happen. Some good things some bad things all in all it can the person who is doing terrible things is to be blamed but the best thing to do is stay clear of incoming shit.

Yeah i guess thats similar to what im saying. im just really scared lately cus i feel exhausted from this life and i really hope as an atheist i can die and stop existing cus if i have to reincarnate or pretend to be happy in heaven that would be the ultimate hell.

yoda's quote ftw: “Soon will I rest, yes, forever sleep. Earned it I have. Twilight is upon me, soon night must fall.”

You stop...existing when you die.. physically your still there just your brain and the currents in your brain that make you you will end and then you consciously won't exist anymore.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(January 3, 2015 at 10:34 am)dyresand Wrote:
(January 3, 2015 at 10:21 am)Jextin Wrote: Yeah i guess thats similar to what im saying. im just really scared lately cus i feel exhausted from this life and i really hope as an atheist i can die and stop existing cus if i have to reincarnate or pretend to be happy in heaven that would be the ultimate hell.

You stop...existing when you die.. physically your still there just your brain and the currents in your brain that make you you will end and then you consciously won't exist anymore.

yeah thats what im hoping for too, i just hope theres no surprises and i dont find myself in another life or world or something. cus i talked to several pastors in my life from various religions and they say i cant stop existing even if i want to...but im hoping they are wrong its just hard to believe so many people in the world believe in god are wrong.

but its the most comforting to me to know that my heartbeat is a timer and when its over all my pain and suffering will end Smile everyday is one less day to live. 2014 will never come again for me, time and tide wait for none...every second continues to pass no matter what and is one less second i have to live

i also been scared what if years from now the government makes an injection and calls it a flu shot and makes humans live forever and turn me into a mining bot or something. thats why i NEVER get flu shot. u guys see the video about the girl who got like problems in her nervous system and starts twitching and stuff involuntarily? that whole scenario was predetermined.

but honesly i think within the coming years ill die and then NO ONE will be able to stop me from not existing.
Mozart? That you?
So...the minute somebody mentions that they just want to die is when we say "Hey, not a clinic" - and then turn it into a jokethread, right?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I want to die too, the world has lots of horrible people in it and suffering I am powerless to prevent. All we can do is try and focus on the good, and see what little we can do to help.

I sympathise with everyone else who feels the same despair.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sexual Abuse in Social Context: Clergy and other (Secular) Professionals. Nishant Xavier 61 3807 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1032 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 1948 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  All kind of Agnostics people Eclectic 4 510 August 25, 2022 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Atheists: Why did female with fat butts and short legs exist? Lambe7 14 1982 July 30, 2020 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  How can you be sure that God doesn't exist? randomguy123 50 5775 August 14, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Who do you think is best atheist of our times? GGG 70 7338 January 22, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: GGG
  Santa and Other Lies to the Kids mlmooney89 25 2653 August 27, 2018 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Has anyone here deconverted because of AF? Jehanne 21 4165 July 20, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Do you think Science and Religion can co-exist in a society? ErGingerbreadMandude 137 38808 June 10, 2017 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: comet