Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stopping Chimpanzees from drinking alcoholic plant sap?
Stopping Chimpanzees from drinking alcoholic plant sap?
"Chimpanzees found to drink alcoholic plant sap in wild"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-33050939

Alcohol is banned outright under the Sharia and you do get some crazy 'scholars'. Do you think the religious police would make entire plant species (which Allah created) go extinct, thus threatening the forest ecosystem, just to enforce the Sharia? After all, if the chimpanzees can drink the alcoholic plant sap then that means it can be a source of alcohol for humans too. Alcohol is naturally occurring so surely the Earth would be more perfectly designed if there was no alcohol.

RE: Stopping Chimpanzees from drinking alcoholic plant sap?
Yes, it's exactly like Douglas Adams, where they use tree leaves as currency and then cut down all trees to prevent inflation.

And when they find out that astronomical molecular clouds contain ethanol, I'm sure they'll outlaw astronomical spectrometers.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(June 11, 2015 at 5:47 am)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: "Chimpanzees found to drink alcoholic plant sap in wild"

Alcohol is banned outright under the Sharia and you do get some crazy 'scholars'. Do you think the religious police would make entire plant species (which Allah created) go extinct, thus threatening the forest ecosystem, just to enforce the Sharia? After all, if the chimpanzees can drink the alcoholic plant sap then that means it can be a source of alcohol for humans too. Alcohol is naturally occurring so surely the Earth would be more perfectly designed if there was no alcohol.

Well..... if they burn down the rain forest they fucks up the natural ecosystem and well good bye oxygen. 
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Just gotta say, this thread title is the best I've seen in a while.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I'm in no wise a fan of Islam, but I support any plan to prevent chips drinking alcohol. 

I mean, have you lot SEEN 'Planet of the Apes'?  Imagine those fuckers with a mean drunk on.

*shudder*

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 11, 2015 at 11:08 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Just gotta say, this thread title is the best I've seen in a while.

Thanks; there are so many technicalities to explore. Just had an idea for a quirky new thread actually. It's surprisingly easy to tell the Quran is man-made.

(June 11, 2015 at 11:07 am)dyresand Wrote:
(June 11, 2015 at 5:47 am)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: "Chimpanzees found to drink alcoholic plant sap in wild"

Well..... if they burn down the rain forest they fucks up the natural ecosystem and well good bye oxygen. 

While there are many reasons to protect the rainforests, oxygen turns out to be mostly from the algae in the oceans.  And I am sure we are doing things that might be fucking that up too.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

You can tell the Quran is man made because it's written in man-language, not God language which can be read by anyone no matter what they speak.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(June 15, 2015 at 12:38 pm)robvalue Wrote: You can tell the Quran is man made because it's written in man-language, not God language which can be read by anyone no matter what they speak.

Additionally, muslims claim that no translation can be made, and that it is intended to be read only in Arabic

Which brings us to the conclusion that Allah can't be bothered to learn a second language
Just y'all wait until them fuckers invent cars. "DUI chimps, on the next COPS!"