Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about Islam
Questions about Islam
Dear friends, I am sorry but my english are not very good. I have started to investigate religions and miracles, and for Islam I found that unbelievable miracles:

>snip< there, plants grow up immediately (!) because they "listen" psalms from quran

>snip<    in this video, cars hit animals (I dont know exactly what are they) and then miracely their parts connecy each other!

>snip<    in that video, a baby is under ground for a long time and miracly it saved!

What is your opinion about that miracles? How can we explain them?
RE: Questions about Islam
Since "logic" is negotiable in the Quran, it makes perfect sense. Thank you.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Hello, welcome Smile

The idea of a miracle is a troubling subject, and it would generally come under the heading of supernatural causation. If this is to be attributing something "to God", then that somehow requires dispensing with every natural explanations there could possibly be, including those we have yet to think of. Since there is no direct way to demonstrate God was involved, this amounts to an argument from ignorance/incredulity. It's saying, "I can think of any other way this could happen except God!" or "If it's not God, what is it?" These may sound compelling, but they are not valid logical arguments. It is not necessary for me or anyone else to have an alternate explanation in order to point out the flaw in these arguments.

I explain why on my website and in a video, I'll post the links below:

Supernatural causation

Argument from ignorance/incredulity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0C1bC9iDss
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Locking thread pending staff decision. 
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7875 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5480 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Do you have Questions about Islam ? Khansins 47 8526 November 26, 2014 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33869 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Any questions on Islam? ideologue08 235 61559 April 27, 2013 at 4:14 am
Last Post: Dragonetti