Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dawkins is Anti-Semitic
Dawkins is Anti-Semitic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyr730KF-SE

This video is pretty hilarious as you can tell considering that this rabbi accuses Dawkins of anti-Semiticism on the basis that he dislikes the god of the Tanakh. With this thinking I am anti Arab for disliking Allah.
Ut supra, ita inferius
[Image: 0c112e9da4d42c24a073c335a3e38de1_zpsezmp...g~original]
Uƚ ƨuqɿɒ, iƚɒ inʇɘɿiuƨ
RE: Dawkins is Anti-Semitic
Dawkins pretty much slams Islam every chance he gets and sometimes he shows a pro-Israel stance, so I don't see the issue - Jews as a cultural group have a larger tendency to be non-religious or ignore religious teachings so from a religious perspective they're the least affected by anti-theism.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

What a turd. He knows that in many crowds, the Jews are untouchable, and saying anything anti-Jewish will completely derail any discussion or argument. I'll be he uses this "antisemitic" argument in all kinds of contexts and all kinds of arguments.
It's just another attempt to label and belittle your opponent if you really can't come up with a more reasoned response to criticism.

I agree with everything that Dawkins wrote about the Abrahamic deity.

Guess that makes me an anti-Semite, too.

I also think many of the same things about Emperor Palpatine. I guess I'm anti-Sith, too . . .
Dying to live, living to die.
Fuck yahweh, fuck jesus, fuck allah.

There.  Got it covered.
(July 8, 2015 at 9:02 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Fuck yahweh, fuck jesus, fuck allah.

There.  Got it covered.

So, you're a damned Pagan, are you?

Dodgy
Nope.  Pagans have gods.
(July 8, 2015 at 9:21 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Nope.  Pagans have gods.

But you didn't condemn THEIR gods!

Angel
(July 8, 2015 at 6:06 pm)ComradeMeow Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyr730KF-SE

This video is pretty hilarious as you can tell considering that this rabbi accuses Dawkins of anti-Semiticism on the basis that he dislikes the god of the Tanakh. With this thinking I am anti Arab for disliking Allah.

How would have Jonathan Sacks reacted if Richard Dawkins was Jewish (ethnically not religiously of course)?
undefined
(July 8, 2015 at 9:25 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(July 8, 2015 at 9:21 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Nope.  Pagans have gods.

But you didn't condemn THEIR gods!

Angel

They don't send their followers to leave stupid literature in my door.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evil God and anti-theodicy FrustratedFool 32 2366 August 21, 2023 at 9:28 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  A question about Dawkins enemies of reason documentary Quill01 3 468 April 17, 2022 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  Richard Dawkins prefers church bells to "aggressive-sounding Allahu Akbar" Alexmahone 12 1237 July 20, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Dawkins and Christianity rjh4 is back 56 19254 August 22, 2017 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  Anti-Religon Songs ScienceAf 10 2852 July 18, 2017 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: ScienceAf
  The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins Czechlervitz30 22 3773 October 11, 2016 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: RobertE
  Why I Am Anti-Theist God of Mr. Hanky 33 5595 February 23, 2016 at 6:55 pm
Last Post: Old Baby
  what do non/anti-religion Deists and Theists believe ? jenny1972 94 14048 November 17, 2015 at 11:52 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
Information FOR THE Atheist/Anti-Muslim/Non-Muslim, A Muslim ( Me) is going to answer you kahmed123 47 8392 October 8, 2014 at 8:37 am
Last Post: bladevalant546
  Just ordered this anti-religion shirt. Need to be grilled for practice MusicLovingAtheist 20 3935 September 15, 2014 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: MusicLovingAtheist