Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here You Go, Europe
Here You Go, Europe
How right or wrong is this article?

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/here-are...are-crazy/

Quote:Europeans tend to see a lot of American ideals and behaviors as bizarre. In particular, they aren’t wild about our politics and our food (though they love our television and our movies). And when it comes to sex? Well, Europeans tend to view us as the land of the free, home of the batshit crazy. Below are some of the biggest sexual WTFs Europeans have about America.
RE: Here You Go, Europe
I am an American and those things confuse me.

The one thing that I don't want to change is hugs. People in the southern US give lots of hugs and I don't like it. Don't hug me unless we know each other or you ask first. Dodgy
As a European, yes on all counts.
I used to have a French girlfriend who summed up Americans when we came across some by the Arc d triumph.
"Americans are a race of children" she sneered.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Yes, though circumcision is probably the least controversial.

#1, I went to the movies in TX to see The Jackal with Bruce Willis back in '97 and was really confused that no one minded that one guy getting shot to pieces with heavy artillery, yet when Bruce Willis kissed that other guy, everyone gasped and yelled in disgust. The priorities are clear.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

European. Yep, wtfs all the way
It's not hard to pin much of what's in the article on religious puritanism. I don't think that we'll outgrow it anytime soon, particularly when the rubes get so much attention. Take for instance the Minion 'fuck' news; people looking to have their sensibilities offended. Downbeat's friend was very perceptive, collectively we need to mature.
Regarding circumcision, I like dicks either way, and the 'moment of discovery' is always a highlight in any sexual encounter.

Also, despite all the prudery in the US, ain't it funny how men are touchy about being perceived as having a short penis, but at the same time, one of the most popular medical procedures actually makes the penis shorter ???

LOL !!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Yeah, don't touch me. I can't imagine a scenario where I go to the store and end up having somebody touch me. There's just no need. And if we, for whatever reason, decided to increase our rate of hugs, you'd also see an increase in sexual harassment cases, and people losing their jobs.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
depends on who wants a hug

Micheal Biehn always looks a little like he needs cheered up some, I'd be glad to help

I bet Marco Rubio gives good hug . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COKE HERE, GET YOUR COKE HERE.... Brian37 7 981 March 3, 2019 at 8:16 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Let me know how much I've upset you or you don't want me here. Foxaèr 34 5952 April 28, 2018 at 5:23 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Evidence of Cultural Decline in Europe - Beer Yoga Neo-Scholastic 4 617 April 26, 2017 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Narcissistic Mami- post here and you tell me what you think about me J a c k 70 6871 August 22, 2016 at 1:43 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My turn -- Post Here And I'll Tell You What I like About You Edwardo Piet 43 5866 August 16, 2016 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  Need advice for our backpacking trip through Europe. abentwookie 13 5868 March 24, 2015 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  What sites are in your toolbar- where do you go when you are not here? professor 30 4146 September 2, 2014 at 4:11 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Some questions about europe Lemonvariable72 21 7385 February 21, 2014 at 4:53 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Back from Europe Epimethean 9 2836 March 19, 2012 at 11:28 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen