Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Deist user here.
New Deist user here.
Hey everyone, I am a Deist currently. I just spoke over a course of 2 days with 2 christians about how they are using fear mongering by saying ( If you don't believe, you are going to hell.) They say they are not fear mongering but trying to save me. It is really affecting my health.

They are trying to "save me" but really they are pushing me further away by basically threatening me with the you don't believe= hell.  kinda down right now don't know what to do Sad.
RE: New Deist user here.
Stop letting them shit in your earholes?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 14, 2015 at 8:46 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Stop letting them shit in your earholes?

Sometimes, it's not as easy as it looks.  These impulses of mine in waiting to stop them from using fear tactics to others don't have to suffer are kinda hard to suppress.
If you are new here welcome.

Just ignore them. From my vantage point they don't know what the Hell they're talking about anyway. Or could respond with "and jesus wept".
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
You could respond with "Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass," too.  Depends on the circumstances but they sound like the type who don't respond well to subtlety.
(July 14, 2015 at 8:55 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: If you are new here welcome.

Just ignore them. From my vantage point they don't know what the Hell they're talking about anyway. Or could respond with "and jesus wept".

Yes I am new here, thank you for the welcome!

Man, ignore something this is hard :/. Normally, I don't go searching for it, but  when something pops up on my front page that is about " The end of the world"  related stuff, my impluses tell me to "Click it!"  Fear, is a great weapon to use to get people to do what anyone wants you to do.  When Christians do it, they do it using death and hell etc.   Why can't they use a more civil way to tell me the "Word of God".   

I think the bible is a bunch of made up stuff man made.  I do believe a god exists, I just don't know what god that I know of, or has yet to be known.  So you can say I am taking the neutral stand point.

"You could respond with "Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass," too.  Depends on the circumstances but they sound like the type who don't respond well to subtlety."

As much as I would like to say that, it would make atheists to look like dicks. As A deists with a neutral stand point, I try to be friendly as possible.  However, sometimes, they take my nice attitude as I need god ( I am lost) etc.

Doesn't pay to be nice sometimes, not sure how to be angry :/. I am 95% a happy person LOL.
New Deist user here.
(July 14, 2015 at 8:59 pm)Starlord Wrote: I do believe a god exists

Why?
By all means, let them push you away.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Welcome!
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
Read that article which Catholic Lady posted about religion for the non religious.
At your age, it will give you insight as why they are the way they are!

Basically, their brains are a jungle, apparently!
Cathy's brain has just got lots of cats in it!  Hehe   Shy
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New atheist here, gotta say, not loving it Rayden_Greywolf 166 23482 November 30, 2017 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Am I a Deist? Cosmological Argument seems reasonable to me. _Velvet_ 97 15201 September 28, 2016 at 8:05 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Have I just demonstrated a deist god? Socratic Meth Head 11 2458 May 21, 2016 at 12:17 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I found an odd user on Twitter. Jrmd2012 4 1933 May 15, 2012 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: Jackalope