Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have I just demonstrated a deist god?
Have I just demonstrated a deist god?
Okay, I was learning about Superposition in Quantum Theory.
It basically says something can be in all possible states at once, until it is observed, forcing it to collapse into one possibility or another.

So, the singularity had multiple possibilities of what it could become, but in order for one of those possibilities to form, there would need to be an observer to force this. That observer would be a god.

Im no Quantum Physicist. I could be making a total fool of myself by misunderstanding the theory. I want to hear imputs, have I done anything of worth here?
RE: Have I just demonstrated a deist god?
No, you've misunderstood what the word observed means in context. There's no end of quantum mysticism that stems from this single, simple...and perhaps easy to make, mistake.

Quote:In quantum mechanics, there is a common misconception (which has acquired a life of its own, giving rise to endless speculations) that it is the mind of a conscious observer that affects the observer effect in quantum processes. It is rooted in a basic misunderstanding of the meaning of the quantum wave function ψ and the quantum measurement process.[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observer_effect_(physics)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 20, 2016 at 11:32 am)Rhythm Wrote: No, you've misunderstood what the word observer means in context. There's no end of quantum mysticism that stems from this.
Can you expand on this

-EDIT-
Ive seen your edited post and I have realised my mistake.
Yeah, I realised you might not know where to look...it's QM after all, - shits basically witchcraft- , and added the wiki link, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 20, 2016 at 11:31 am)GeneralDog Wrote: Okay, I was learning about Superposition in Quantum Theory.
It basically says something can be in all possible states at once, until it is observed, forcing it to collapse into one possibility or another.

So, the singularity had multiple possibilities of what it could become, but in order for one of those possibilities to form, there would need to be an observer to force this. That observer would be a god.

Im no Quantum Physicist. I could be making a total fool of myself by misunderstanding the theory. I want to hear imputs, have I done anything of worth here?

I see this more as proof for a virtual universe programmed by a lazy programmer. If I were a lazy programmer I would make reality only become evident when it was required such s when something was observing it.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Except that it isn't proof, or evidence, of that...either.   Wink
(May 20, 2016 at 12:04 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(May 20, 2016 at 11:31 am)GeneralDog Wrote: Okay, I was learning about Superposition in Quantum Theory.

I see this more as proof for a virtual universe programmed by a lazy programmer. If I were a lazy programmer I would make reality only become evident when it was required such s when something was observing it.

That reminds me of this story I read a while back
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(May 20, 2016 at 12:22 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Except that it isn't proof, or evidence, of that...either.   Wink

Yeah I know.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

To be fair, we really don't know how wave function collapse in nature works and whether there is one, fundamentally.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

GeneralDog, I trust you're not back to guzzling the koolaid!
I don't think you are, but you are excersizing some fine mental gymnastics there.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6327 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "You just want to be your own god"? zwanzig 48 4300 July 7, 2021 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Human beings have virtually no value if they are just machines Transcended Dimensions 94 18171 December 16, 2017 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Banned
  "God doesn't Exist just like Unicorns don't Exist?" RiddledWithFear 17 2963 December 21, 2016 at 11:17 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Am I a Deist? Cosmological Argument seems reasonable to me. _Velvet_ 97 15187 September 28, 2016 at 8:05 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  New Deist user here. Starlord 51 8843 July 17, 2015 at 10:25 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Video God Just Changed His Mind (from Evil to Good) Mental Outlaw 51 14500 April 16, 2015 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Tonus
  So this came with the copy of the God Delusion I just bought. Mudhammam 19 4876 April 23, 2014 at 11:35 am
Last Post: DarkHorse
  Thank you all. I have lost so much. I have gained much more. Mr. Moncrieff 30 7103 March 6, 2014 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I have proof of God, from God Himself. MuslimBrother 13 7249 May 30, 2012 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Whateverist