Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tales from Jail
Tales from Jail
I recently resigned from the Jackson County MO Adult Detention Center. I now have a much better job advising and supervising people on intensive probation. So I'd like to share some interesting stories with you all because you all seemed interested in them. I don't work for them and am under no binding agreement to keep my mouth shut.

On time we had this schizophrenic inmate chained to a bunk because he kept having violent outbursts. What he liked to do while chained down was play with himself. He did this constantly when a female officer had to watch the camera feed in his room. So what I did when we gave him a bathroom break was change the restraint type that locked his hands to a chain around his waist. He was happy with his new and clean restraints at first. When we chained him back to the bunk he realized he couldn't jack off anymore. He then claimed he was the son of god (and wolverine from x-men) and would strike me down. It was hilarious. It added to the moment that the guy looked like the GEICO cavemen.
RE: Tales from Jail
(July 30, 2015 at 5:45 am)InsomniacMike486 Wrote: On time we had this schizophrenic inmate chained to a bunk because he kept having violent outbursts.

You know, from a European perspective that sounds medieval. If that guy really is a schizophrenic, he would be in a closed mental institution and not in jail. We actually have special prisons for mentally insane criminals and judges usually include that kind of imprisonment in their sentences.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Tails from jail. Naughty
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I agree. That is where he should have been placed. Sadly we had to have him in custody while the lawyers and doctors worked that out. This is Jackson County MO. A lot went on that should not have. I had to find laughs where I could.
(July 30, 2015 at 5:51 am)abaris Wrote:
(July 30, 2015 at 5:45 am)InsomniacMike486 Wrote: On time we had this schizophrenic inmate chained to a bunk because he kept having violent outbursts.

You know, from a European perspective that sounds medieval. If that guy really is a schizophrenic, he would be in a closed mental institution and not in jail. We actually have special prisons for mentally insane criminals and judges usually include that kind of imprisonment in their sentences.

Exactly. Putting them in regular prison is putting both them and the other inmates at risk. Not to mention that it's hardly fair for schizophrenics to receive the same sentences as healthy people.
Double post
(July 30, 2015 at 6:09 am)Neimenovic Wrote:
(July 30, 2015 at 5:51 am)abaris Wrote: You know, from a European perspective that sounds medieval. If that guy really is a schizophrenic, he would be in a closed mental institution and not in jail. We actually have special prisons for mentally insane criminals and judges usually include that kind of imprisonment in their sentences.

Exactly. Putting them in regular prison is putting both them and the other inmates at risk. Not to mention that it's hardly fair for schizophrenics to receive the same sentences as healthy people.
This guy wasn't sentenced. This was a detention center, a jail, not a prison. Jails mostly hold people who couldn't make bail, or who haven't seen a judge yet. This guy wasn't there much longer than a month after. He was sent to treatment and was out on the street again in another few months.
Oh, right. My mistake.
I feel saddened to hear that.
But I can't think of any alternatives at the moment?
Assholes will be assholes! The brain's not quite right.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Perhaps this story series was a bad idea. Most have sad notes about them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why not sue or boot them off to jail? Elskidor 11 1431 August 30, 2014 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: psychoslice
  Fairy tales won over science: a man must die today Rokcet Scientist 30 8266 September 22, 2011 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: MilesTailsPrower
Thumbs Up jail sounds great if you need medical work done bbrettle 8 3364 June 22, 2011 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: bbrettle