Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is God?
What is God?
What exactly is God?
What are its exclusive attributes?

I'm genuinely curious
RE: What is God?
No idea. Everyone comes up with a different bowl of word salad, and never any indication that they are talking about anything real.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Baby don't hurt me don't hurt me no more..?

Tongue
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(August 7, 2015 at 8:37 am)pool Wrote: What exactly is God?
What are its exclusive attributes?

I'm genuinely curious
That is a good question. Sadly, I don't have the answer. Lol
These are the best descriptions I have of what gods actually are, in reality:

1) Imaginary friend / comfort blanket

2) The personification of the argument from ignorance (a plug for the hole of uncertainty dressed up in local mythology)

3) An idealised projection of the self

4) A constant feeling of paranoia and fear that you're being judged
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
You forgot this:

5) a quick way to make money
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Oh yeah. That too! Money and power, real easy, from selling a non-existent product.

Index of my best videos
Y'all want me to weigh in with another Anusius tribute thread ?

Panic
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 7, 2015 at 8:49 am)Lucanus Wrote: Baby don't hurt me don't hurt me no more..?

Tongue

But that's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(August 7, 2015 at 8:59 am)ignoramus Wrote:
(August 7, 2015 at 8:49 am)Lucanus Wrote: Baby don't hurt me don't hurt me no more..?

Tongue

But that's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it!

Yeah vorl I'm kinda getting the feeling that the thread is slowly turning into a tribute to Anusius by itself...