Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A smelly smell that smells smelly
A smelly smell that smells smelly
Men and women of AF- how important is smell to you when either deciding on a mate/partner, or in how attractive you find a person?

I wonder if this will differ between men an women. I know I appreciate when a woman makes the effort to smell good with whatever fragrance, but I think I'm more concerned with her not smelling bad.

What do you think? Do you think? Is it a thing you even realize you care about?
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
RE: A smelly smell that smells smelly
I think it's quite a big factor. One girl I had a crush on had a very identifiable 'smell', so much so you could walk into her room and be hit in the face instantly by it. But ofcourse, if it wasn't a nice smell, I doubt I'd have had a crush at all.

That said, who would be attracted to someone who doesn't smell good?
Ah, good question.

I should ask- How big of a factor does smell play, compared to, say, money or personality or physical attractiveness?

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
But also, you can sort of smell neutral. Not good but not bad.

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
It's not important as long as one doesn't smell of poor hygiene....or mothballs. I don't wear fragrances, and I'm certain that I smell quite delicious. I prefer that men that do not wear cologne or fragrance, but I wouldn't consider that a reason to not get to know someone better. But, they'd better go easy on that shit. I prefer a man that smells like a man, not a french whorehouse. Lol!
Does "smell like a man" mean maybe some spicey aftershave, or do you mean some slight pit stank? Haha I've heard that before, and I never know what it means.

I think the confusion is that I know when I smell like a man, I can't imagine anyone enjoying it lol.

Side story: My daughter is 10 today (Happy Birthday Exian Jr.!!!) and she's recently started to have to use deodorant. If you could bottle her brand of pit stank it would be called "McDonalds Cheeseburger" lol Think about that next time you go for fast food.

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(August 15, 2015 at 3:11 pm)Exian Wrote: Does "smell like a man" mean maybe some spicey aftershave, or do you mean some slight pit stank? Haha I've heard that before, and I never know what it means.

I think the confusion is that I know when I smell like a man, I can't imagine anyone enjoying it lol.

Side story: My daughter is 10 today (Happy Birthday Exian Jr.!!!) and she's recently started to have to use deodorant. If you could bottle her brand of pit stank it would be called "McDonalds Cheeseburger" lol Think about that next time you go for fast food.
Aftershave is okay, it's mostly alcohol and dissipates rather quickly. And I'm not talking about pit stank! I mean a person's neutral smell. Everyone has their own signature smell, even if they don't realize it. Soap, shampoo residue along with pheromones. If being attractive to women is the goal, men may be doing themselves a disservice by drowning their pheromones in Drakkar Noir!

Cheers to Exian Jr. by the way! Enjoy the final moments of sanity, before the the dreaded pre-teen angst commences. I hope she has a blast today! And a couple of cheeseburgers.
My wife has a perfect smell. Even her armpits on an extended camping trip are wonderful places to be. Of course the smell of smells for a woman is the one she packs between her legs and that is where she excels most. I am one lucky bastard.
(August 15, 2015 at 3:36 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote: My wife has a perfect smell.  Even her armpits on an extended camping trip are wonderful places to be.  Of course the smell of smells for a woman is the one she packs between her legs and that is where she excels most.  I am one lucky bastard.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
Hahahaha But I gotta agree with him.

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anti Smell Devices! Goosebump 2 237 February 18, 2022 at 6:35 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ya knooow, Monica smells; oh ma gosh!: implicit hate and grudge in social life WinterHold 10 1468 July 20, 2018 at 5:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  My poop smells better than yours Foxaèr 4 915 January 25, 2016 at 3:18 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  My flatmate smells ForumMember77 20 3183 October 2, 2014 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Sejanus
  I Like The Smell of My Own... ShaMan 36 4136 August 15, 2014 at 1:27 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Sense of smell thesummerqueen 23 4102 September 20, 2011 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen