Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Why Do We Have To Hear About This From Reuters?
So Why Do We Have To Hear About This From Reuters?
Why is the American media only concerned with Trump's bullshit or who some starlet is blowing?

http://theantimedia.org/the-pentagon-doe...ollars-on/

Quote:When government is completely dysfunctional and seems not to serve the people’s interests, we have to wonder where our tax dollars are going. Thanks to a Reuters investigation by Scot Paltrow, we have an answer—or, rather, a non-answer. Apparently, the Pentagon has made use of $8.5 trillion of our tax money handed over by Congress since 1996—but don’t ask what was done with the money. The Department of Defense doesn’t have a clue.

Audits of all federal agencies were mandated by law beginning in 1996, but the Pentagon is unique in never having complied. In almost 20 years, the Pentagon has never accounted for trillions it spent, in part because “plugging”—fudging the numbers—is standard operating procedure.

And the fuckers answer to any issue is "more money...more money...more money."
RE: So Why Do We Have To Hear About This From Reuters?
I understand the need for some black-budget items, but that's fuckin' ridiculous.

But again...where is this alleged LIBERAL MEDIA that the republicunts are always whining about?
It had better be a fucking Stargate program, or I will get their arses shut down.

Well, I might send them a sternly-worded letter.

Okay, a moderately-worded letter.

Or I might just moan on their Facebook page.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Min, it's not just the DoD. This is systemic to all government agencies.
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
It's the scale that matters, king.
No I fully understand that. It's outrageous. Just saying this issue of where funds goes is not limited to the DoD.
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
But other agencies comply with the law.

Quote:Audits of all federal agencies were mandated by law beginning in 1996, but the Pentagon is unique in never having complied. In almost 20 years, the Pentagon has never accounted for trillions it spent, in part because “plugging”—fudging the numbers—is standard operating procedure.
(August 20, 2015 at 4:27 pm)Minimalist Wrote: But other agencies comply with the law.

Quote:Audits of all federal agencies were mandated by law beginning in 1996, but the Pentagon is unique in never having complied. In almost 20 years, the Pentagon has never accounted for trillions it spent, in part because “plugging”—fudging the numbers—is standard operating procedure.

Do you really want to have line items listing $950 billion for destabilizing foreign governments such as Syria, Libya, etc? Or $1 trillion for R&D on new methods to kill 100 million people per day?
Eight and a half trillion? Maybe they took Africa out for a nice brunch.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  With All the Anti-QAnon Hate, How Come We Never Hear About Christian Zionism? Seax 21 1845 April 6, 2021 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I hear that Hillary is moving KUSA 10 1239 November 9, 2016 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Sanders Shamelessly Pandering to Voters Who Want to Hear Truth Pyrrho 4 1275 August 14, 2015 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  SCOTUS to hear same sex marriage case popeyespappy 16 4708 December 10, 2012 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda