Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Explain
Please Explain
Luke 19:27 New International Version (NIV)

27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’”

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+19:27
RE: Please Explain
Is the verse unclear? Do you not understand your orders, soldier?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
context
Quote:The Parable of the Ten Minas
11 While they were listening to this, he went on to tell them a parable, because he was near Jerusalem and the people thought that the kingdom of God was going to appear at once. 12 He said: “A man of noble birth went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return. 13 So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas.[a] ‘Put this money to work,’ he said, ‘until I come back.’
14 “But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, ‘We don’t want this man to be our king.’
15 “He was made king, however, and returned home. Then he sent for the servants to whom he had given the money, in order to find out what they had gained with it.
16 “The first one came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned ten more.’
17 “‘Well done, my good servant!’ his master replied. ‘Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.’
18 “The second came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned five more.’
19 “His master answered, ‘You take charge of five cities.’
20 “Then another servant came and said, ‘Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid away in a piece of cloth. 21 I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You take out what you did not put in and reap what you did not sow.’
22 “His master replied, ‘I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow? 23 Why then didn’t you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?’
24 “Then he said to those standing by, ‘Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.’
25 “‘Sir,’ they said, ‘he already has ten!’
26 “He replied, ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what they have will be taken away. 27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’”

Ahh.. jesus is a condoner of the idea of "noble birth" .. What an asshole!
Because some family controlled the strings once means that his bloodline is more valuable than a commoner.
Fuck you jesus, and fuck your kings!

Jesus here is valuing a bully king. He does not speak of the king's unfairness or harshness. No, he talks shit about the man's slaves that only did as they were told.

Lastly jesus idolizes a king that ruthlessly murders those that question him which is the underlying theme of the speach.

Asshole jesus!
Find the cure for Fundementia!
The inherent message of jesusism is "STFU, do what your told, the king is appointed by fucking god.  You'll get your reward in the 'next' life." 

It is the religion of slaves.
(August 25, 2015 at 8:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The inherent message of jesusism is "STFU, do what your told, the king is appointed by fucking god.  You'll get your reward in the 'next' life." 

It is the religion of slaves.

And yet now you can serve it with both fish and meat.  Christianity isn't your father's Oldsmobile.
Genocide: the best way to spread your religion.
Dying to live, living to die.
'Twas an hour after the OP, when all through the site,
not a theist was stirring, not even a trite.
The atheists posts were there, typed with much care,
in hopes that the christians soon would be there.
'Twas a few more hours, or maybe even four
There were no theists, knocking at the thread's door.
I will wait, wait, wait and wait some more,
For their apologetics that I have heard before.
I'm sure some of them are poring through books of apologetics looking for excuses.

I see it as a commentary on modern times.

The guy who gets paid most is a white male.

The servant who makes half is a woman!

The servant who doesn't trust the fucker is a Mexican!
It's a special kind of irony that most Christian's idea of what Jesus was like is a fairy tale about a character that is already a fairy tale.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 1017 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Please help prayer to get maaried soon for my mom heath.! meboxem166 21 2773 April 1, 2023 at 5:52 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  God is completely inadequate to explain anything whatsoever Whateverist 20 2933 March 14, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Atheists, how would you explain these Christian testimonies? miguel54 44 9453 August 28, 2016 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Christians: Please Explain Aractus 43 9814 December 10, 2015 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Photo Christian Memes/Pics Because Reasons -- Please add your favorites stop_pushing_me 29 13706 September 23, 2015 at 9:53 pm
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  By all means, please take Christianity seriously Cato 13 3764 June 6, 2015 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Spooky
  Can someone explain this to me ? Genesis 1. Science 110 20494 November 23, 2014 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Nope
  To explain knowledge of God Godscreated 290 35840 October 25, 2014 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  If you are religious explain Neanderthals freedeepthink 28 5566 October 6, 2014 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: freedeepthink