Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 9, 2024, 3:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fox buys 73% of National Geographic
Fox buys 73% of National Geographic
Does anyone else find this heartbreaking?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/fox-acqu...-1.3221474
RE: Fox buys 73% of National Geographic
Yes. That is incredibly sad.

Bye bye, National Geographic Sad
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Whenever my mind returns to this thought, my heart just drops.
I mean, even my great grandfather grew up with it. Now it's just going to be bullshit drivel until it goes under.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(September 10, 2015 at 2:12 am)rexbeccarox Wrote: I mean, even my great grandfather grew up with it. Now it's just going to be bullshit drivel until it goes under.

I know.  My dad has all these old back-issues going back to the 70s.

I value them now, more than ever.
I suppose this is what the Supreme Court meant by "money is free speech" finding, in the Citizens United v. FEC decision?

Don't like all that pesky science National Geographic is teaching people?

There'$ an Ea$y $olution!
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Must be a pretty interesting fox if he not only has money but an interest in the scientific.
Man, think of all those hot big brown titty pictures Bill O'Reilly can masturbate to now !!

Panic
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Quote:Additional funding for science and research is a positive aspect of the deal, Palmer said, but the red flag is whether funding for media will come with demands "to be more commercially sensational in order to get the audience" Fox wants. Funding inevitably influences content in creative projects, he said.

Only time will tell but my initial reaction is a pessimistic one.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Whaaaaaaaaat :c

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gun Church buys 40-Acre Compound Foxaèr 12 1147 May 28, 2021 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Fox 'News' Running Scared BrianSoddingBoru4 9 738 December 20, 2020 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Just now on FOX NEWS...... Brian37 17 1132 December 12, 2020 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Shep Smith out at Fox News. Brian37 11 1054 October 12, 2019 at 9:22 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A snowball's chance in Fox News Brian37 11 1190 May 31, 2019 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:The Turkish president refused to accept the U.S National Security Advisor WinterHold 1 451 January 9, 2019 at 8:42 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The National Assclown is a National Embarrassment Minimalist 36 1892 October 2, 2018 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Even FOX FUX Turn On The Orange Turd Minimalist 4 955 April 4, 2018 at 12:03 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  FOX FUCK Apologizes Minimalist 44 4067 April 2, 2018 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  On Fox: "Trump could beat Jesus and Mary in 2020" Fake Messiah 12 1716 January 11, 2018 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome