Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The Truth About Cancer"
"The Truth About Cancer"
This morning I got an email from my mom, saying she's been watching a video series I might find interesting. Turns out it's episode 5 of something called "The Truth About Cancer". The description for the video runs thus:

Here’s just a few of the things you’ll learn in tonight’s show:

- The effect of a toxic mouth on cancer – hear from a renowned biological dentist 
in Tennessee who is also an NM.
- The importance of a healthy and properly aligned spine
- Meet a man who healed his “terminal” kidney cancer by correcting his spine
- Discover how and why toxic metals (mercury) and additives to our water (fluoride) 
cause cancer
- The link between vaccines and cancer and the current effort to force vaccines on 
the entire global population
- What you think and feel does matter in the cancer puzzle – emotional techniques to 
heal the body and reverse cancer 
- Learn the true science behind homeopathy and visit London to meet a young lady 
who was diagnosed with supposedly “Terminal” brain cancer 19 years ago and is 
alive and well” due to homeopathy
- Plus so much more

I'm not totally surprised as my mom tends to be fanatical about things (like her religion) and has been going on a bit about healthy eating and gut bacteria and stuff recently, plus my grandpa died recently from his chemo. But I'm finding I'm still horrified to see she is taking this seriously. The website it's coming from is a pretty obvious scare site. And cancer being cured by a trip to the chiropractor? I just can't.

Plus, when I was showing the email to my husband, my mother-in-law heard him mention the name of the video an it turns out she's watching it too. That I found surprising - she's a lot more mellow than my mom, and I didn't think as prone to this kind of thing.

Part of it is probably that I haven't gotten enough sleep lately, but I'm really angry that someone would pull this scare-tactic shit over on susceptible people like my mom and mom-in-law. They're perfectly intelligent women, but my mom in particular has the perfect personality (very all-or-nothing and emotionally driven) to eat this stuff up. At the rate she's going, I wouldn't be at all surprised if down the road we reach a point where she'd choose faith healing and probiotics over medical attention for something serious.

I just had to get that off my chest. It's the middle of the night here, so I'm going to go try to actually sleep or something. Thanks for listening.
RE: "The Truth About Cancer"
What would the mechanism of the cure be to cure cancer by fixing the spine? it makes zero sense.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(October 19, 2015 at 4:01 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: What would the mechanism of the cure be to cure cancer by fixing the spine? it makes zero sense.
Jees, do I have to spell it out for you...
The correct flow of the Chi is restored by the spine alignment, and since cancer can only occur where the Chi is disrupted, you're healed.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Wow, I agree, that amount of blatant misinformation is infuriating.

It annoys me that such things as homeopathy are allowed to be legally practiced, giving the illusion of substance to nonsense claims like this.

I believe this field of study is called the post hoc confirmation bias technique.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
And people say we're not evolving any more? This process will weed out the stupid.
(October 19, 2015 at 7:22 am)Gawdzilla Wrote: And people say weren't not evolving any more? This process will weed out the stupid.

Way to talk about OPs loved ones...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Hmm, makes sense. My only other idea was that the Kidney Health Fairies are repelled by a crooked spine. I didn't watch the video because my computer wouldn't survive being flung against the wall.

Now I gottta go email her back. Thanks for the support.
You can try to get her to listen to the SGU or read the SBM blog Smile

Thanks! I'll check those out. What does SBM stand for?

I also found an article on the James Randi Educational Foundation website that specifically talks about how this guy is a load of shit.
(October 19, 2015 at 3:44 am)BlackBird Wrote: - Discover how and why toxic metals (mercury) and additives to our water (fluoride) 
cause cancer
- The link between vaccines and cancer and the current effort to force vaccines on 
the entire global population
- What you think and feel does matter in the cancer puzzle – emotional techniques to 
heal the body and reverse cancer 
- Learn the true science behind homeopathy and visit London to meet a young lady 
who was diagnosed with supposedly “Terminal” brain cancer 19 years ago and is 
alive and well” due to homeopathy
- Plus so much more

Fluoride toxicity causes fluorosis - it isn't known to cause cancer, but I suppose it's a perfectly plausible hypothesis.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  truth about game theory, bad or good for the world? Quill01 13 2235 August 21, 2021 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The Truth Test or Knock on no Doors of Delusion Jenny A 13 3695 August 12, 2014 at 8:25 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  New Quackery Alert: Root Canals Cause CANCER! No_God 3 2913 February 25, 2014 at 10:42 am
Last Post: Bittersmart
  Quack stealing money from cancer sufferers Fidel_Castronaut 6 2558 June 5, 2013 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Cancer Cure? catfish 14 4098 March 30, 2013 at 1:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Faith healers that claim they can cure cancer. downbeatplumb 23 7528 June 27, 2011 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Darth