Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anger management?
Anger management?
I red a saying once that anger is like a hot coal that you hold in your hand, planning to throw it at someone. I feel this is true for me, but I can't seem to just let go and try not to let things like what pissed me off happen anymore. Does anyone know anything about anger management?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

RE: Anger management?
I'm afraid I don't know much about it.

I find writing things down can help with all sorts of things though. Putting down exactly what your thoughts are, analyzing them, and seeing if you can then write more balanced versions of those thoughts.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(October 29, 2015 at 1:01 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I red a saying once that anger is like a hot coal that you hold in your hand, planning to throw it at someone. I feel this is true for me, but I can't seem to just let go and try not to let things like what pissed me off happen anymore. Does anyone know anything about anger management?

The psychiatric team where I used to work ran an anger management course and I learnt some of it by osmosis. They used to bang on about mindfulness try that.
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/stress-anxi...lness.aspx

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Unless it's something I can actually do something logical and reasonable about, I just clean the house or work out until I'm too exhausted and sore to give a fuck about whatever it is that angered me or is causing me anxiety. Works pretty well. And I have some ever present reminders from my past of how not to handle anger and anxiety that remind me to behave rationally.
[Image: 08.jpg]
I like to play games and take my anger out on innocent bystanders or even standard enemies. It helps me a lot Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Honestly, only that I have a punching bag that I kick the shit out of for a long time when I get truly pissed off.

I think my record was about 100 minutes on that thing.
Dying to live, living to die.
Anger isn't something I really deal with often. The movie was great though. Maybe try singing I feel pretty more often? xD
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful Group Hug
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
When I get angry, I normally scream at whomever and whatever made me angry, then I move on. Tongue
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Honestly, you'd have to try to discover the source of your anger before you learn to deal with it. Unless you know what's making you angry, you won't know how to deal with it.
(October 29, 2015 at 1:01 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Does anyone know anything about anger management?

Not really, but for the longest time of my life I had a very violent temper. People angered me to the point of wanting to get physical. It more or less vanished when getting older. Can't lay my finger on some cause, but it's no longer an issue.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you deal with anger? Macoleco 30 7256 June 25, 2017 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Boundaries (or 'My Latest Exercise in Anger Management') BrianSoddingBoru4 29 2455 August 8, 2016 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Stress Management Advice Edwardo Piet 11 2643 October 3, 2015 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The relationship between Anger and Aggression. Edwardo Piet 8 5544 February 7, 2011 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Understanding one's anger Edwardo Piet 18 4642 September 16, 2010 at 7:59 am
Last Post: leo-rcc