Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 17, 2024, 5:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S.A. versus u.k
U.S.A. versus u.k
I've been coming to this forum for a few days now. I think it's great! I'm just wondering what everyone thinks about the fact that in the U.S. there is such a strong religious majority.
We have a very different situation in the U.K. I find it amazing that so many Americans are religious. I cant understand why it should be that such a technologically advanced, world leading country can have so much religious fervour expressed by it's citizens.
In the U.K I would say most religious folks are pretty quiet about their beliefs. It's such a totally different experience over here.
We often follow trends set by America. Wonder if the U.K. will become more religious? Or will more Americans become Atheist?
I would think from what I see and hear in England that most religions are really struggling to get new "members". Loads of churches are closing down and far fewer are choosing a religious life.
RE: U.S.A. versus u.k
I think it sucks. Far too many religious shitheads wandering around unsupervised.
I think there are more people in American who are doubting there religion everyday. But I see America as almost split, you have the people like us, progressive looking for change, freethinkers, open minds. Then you have Alabama lol jk.

But you do have the group of people, and I paraphrase Obama " Who cling to their guns and religion". I think each group just has completely different ideals about what America is and should be. They don't want any change, I guess if life is good for them then why change, I feel they lack the ability to feel empathy and I think that is a major factor. If they go to Church and pray to Jesus then everything is all good. Praying does nothing, actually helping people is much different.

I honestly think, atheism and agnostic thinking will go up and organized christian religion will go down.

"...the illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."

- Carl Sagan
This has so much truth in it. Its also quite pathetic how a lot of parents will just thrust their religion onto their children, no questions asked. Other countries may have this, but its just terrible in the USA.
[Image: YAYBOOMAVAtAR1_zpse61010be.gif]
The feeble mind will pray to god, the feeble mind will fall.
The crime of faith is far too often committed against those who are defenseless to resist it like the infirm, the weak of mind and the young.
(June 8, 2010 at 2:31 pm)Killman Wrote: This has so much truth in it. Its also quite pathetic how a lot of parents will just thrust their religion onto their children, no questions asked. Other countries may have this, but its just terrible in the USA.

It's really sick when they kill their kids as a result of their fantasies.

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/1...ents-pray/

Quote:The Beagleys belong to a religious sect known as the Followers of Christ Church, which rejects medical treatment and, instead, relies on prayer
(June 9, 2010 at 3:42 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It's really sick when they kill their kids as a result of their fantasies.

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/1...ents-pray/

Quote:The Beagleys belong to a religious sect known as the Followers of Christ Church, which rejects medical treatment and, instead, relies on prayer

Chalk up another death to religion!

Prayer has no effect whatsoever on curing illness, but try telling that to these shit-for-brains! These people may as well live in the 10th century, because that's the level of medical care they provided for their kid! People like this shouldn't be allowed to have children.
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
I think those good for nothing parents did get some jail time for that. Not enough. The cemetery for that particular group of people is littered with the bodies of children.
binnyCoffee
(June 9, 2010 at 4:14 pm)binny Wrote: The cemetery for that particular group of people is littered with the bodies of children.

You'd think they'd catch on after awhile. When your kids keep dying and the neighbor's kids (who go to doctors) grow up without any problems, wouldn't you put 2 and 2 together?

Oh, that's right! Their kids die because it is "the will of God".

No, it's not, dimwit! It's YOUR stupidity that leads to your child's death! Too bad these kids can't come back as ghosts and ask their parents, "Thanks for allowing me to die! How could you be such a fucking IDIOT?!?!?"
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
Quote:You'd think they'd catch on after awhile.

No. That's what "faith" does to you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One God versus many T.J. 42 3154 December 6, 2021 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Islam versus Judaism KerimF 22 7626 June 29, 2017 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: KerimF
  Morality versus afterlife robvalue 163 31414 March 13, 2016 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Santa versus god Foxaèr 8 2541 January 15, 2016 at 6:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Athiest Versus Christianity bounce840 44 14732 June 5, 2013 at 10:06 pm