Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question for theists Part V - A new hope
A question for theists Part V - A new hope
So how does it feel that well your religion doesn't have anymore power in the government and over it's policies.
I mean how does it really feel your religion has lost power and is loosing the masses currently and
people are going the route of being non believers and atheists. 

I'll tell you how i feel 

I feel Great
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: A question for theists Part V - A new hope
[Image: 37KWfB5.gif]

Big Grin 

Poor deluded bastards.
Man, I wouldn't celebrate just yet. The Tea Party is doing a good job astroturfing local elections around the country, purging those that "aren't conservative enough."

There's definitely a pushback happening. The fight isn't over.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(November 8, 2015 at 11:23 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: Man, I wouldn't celebrate just yet.  The Tea Party is doing a good job astroturfing local elections around the country, purging those that "aren't conservative enough."

There's definitely a pushback happening.  The fight isn't over.

That's the new hope..

Oh, and Sandy V was Empire, IV was a new hope. Dodgy
(November 8, 2015 at 4:15 pm)dyresand Wrote: So how does it feel that well your religion doesn't have anymore power in the government and over it's policies.
I mean how does it really feel your religion has lost power and is loosing the masses currently and

I'll tell you how i feel 

I feel Great

Because your ideology controls the senate and the majority of the population would that make your ideology the Darkside, and you guys by default the Evil Empire/Democracy just before the Empire took over?
(November 9, 2015 at 9:09 am)Drich Wrote:
(November 8, 2015 at 4:15 pm)dyresand Wrote: So how does it feel that well your religion doesn't have anymore power in the government and over it's policies.

I'll tell you how i feel 

I feel Great

Because your ideology controls the senate and the majority of the population would that make your ideology the Darkside, and you guys by default the Evil Empire/Democracy just before the Empire took over?

Hey hey remember now most of the Republican base outed themselves as terrible people so yeah your point being. 
Trump more than likely is Atheist and he is a bigot and racist. Let's talk about the rest of the republicans you have dumb ass Carson 
who never picked up a history book so fucking  toss him out. Then you have rest you have some republicans talking about killing homosexual people are kidding me. No one in this day and age want's  to go back to the ignorant bigotry in the government we are not a christian nation we will never be.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

I'll tell you how i feel 

I feel Great

I think its a good thing because getting involved in the government has always tended to corrupt and dilute christianity. Western christianity has come to look more like the secular world rather than to be the counterculture that it should be. Pure christianity should be distinguishable from the secular culture, not mirror it. Jesus wan't concerned about running the government, but rather relating on an individual basis.

I'll tell you how i feel 

I feel Great

I feel fine. It's expected:

Luke 18
8 ... Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?

I accept the rapture interpretation. I haven't seen the left behind movies but I understand they make it as if the rapture occurs with current demographics. Personally I think there won't be many Christians when it happens.

However, I doubt you'll get your atheist world. Satan counterfeits god and wants his own religion. Islam or something else will fill up the Christian gaps in time.
(November 9, 2015 at 4:04 pm)alpha male Wrote:

I'll tell you how i feel 

I feel Great

I feel fine. It's expected:

Luke 18
8 ... Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?

I accept the rapture interpretation. I haven't seen the left behind movies but I understand they make it as if the rapture occurs with current demographics. Personally I think there won't be many Christians when it happens.

However, I doubt you'll get your atheist world. Satan counterfeits god and wants his own religion. Islam or something else will fill up the Christian gaps in time.

If the rapture were to happen christians in the third world would more than likely get raptured while christians here in the US just more than likely wouldn't. The older left behind movies are good the new remake don't bother.

Code:
(November 9, 2015 at 1:48 pm)Lek Wrote:

I'll tell you how i feel 

I feel Great

I think its a good thing because getting involved in the government has always tended to corrupt and dilute christianity.  Western christianity has come to look more like the secular world rather than to be the counterculture that it should be.  Pure christianity should be distinguishable from the secular culture, not mirror it.  Jesus wan't concerned about running the government, but rather relating on an individual basis.

This^
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question to theists: When to take the bible literally? T.J. 22 1850 November 26, 2021 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89336 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Question to Theists? kartronic 10 2162 May 30, 2019 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Remember this part in the bible? Foxaèr 17 2939 June 20, 2017 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  A serious question for theists dyresand 35 4916 November 12, 2016 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: Funky_Gibbon
  Ethics question for theists - serious - looking for opinions not argument. drfuzzy 36 4807 September 27, 2016 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Rewriting the bible part 5 - duderonomy (Deuteronomy) dyresand 6 1704 March 23, 2016 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Alex K
  rewriting the bible part 2 - exodus dyresand 68 14440 March 21, 2016 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Rewriting the bible part 4 - Numbers dyresand 2 1028 March 15, 2016 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  rewriting the bible part 3 - Leviticus dyresand 11 3155 March 14, 2016 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: dyresand