Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any fans of vocaloid here?
Any fans of vocaloid here?
I discovered vocaloid like a month ago. It's so amazing, it's practically all I listen to anymore. I'm a giant fucking music nerd, I know hundreds of albums, from a vast number of genres.

Here's a screen cap it took a couple seconds for me to make, with my puush screen capture software that automatically uploads stuff. That's only on my one hard drive, I have a lot more too. 

Point is, vocaloid is really amazing. My favorite vocaloid artists are Mitchie M, Ryo, and Doriko, I'm discovering I like a lot of stuff by livetune. I downloaded a torrent with like 1800 vocaloid albums, which is just the discography of vocaloid up until 2013. So when I find a cool vocaloid album, I can just search the name of it in my foobar, and pull up the album it's on.

Here's some vocaloid songs I love.

Also, there's a north American tour of the Hatsune Miku hologram coming up in the united states. It's going to be in Orlando, California, and New York. Not exactly ideal places for me to go see the show, considering they're so far away. 

Damn it, the post only allows 3 videos. I linked like 8 ;-;
RE: Any fans of vocaloid here?
Electrovomit anyone ??

http://www.last.fm/music/Electrovomit
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I've never heard of nor listened to them.

I'll give them a listen and let you know what I think.
Dying to live, living to die.
(November 18, 2015 at 10:31 pm)DespondentFishdeathMasochismo Wrote: Also, there's a north American tour of the Hatsune Miku hologram coming up in the united states.

[Image: d680148532649a7b48d85764464a509e1334925383_full.jpg]
I remember seeing one of those hologram songs on Youtube and thinking "holy crap!"

Maybe Vocaloid is slowly moving towards mainstream in the West?

Just the other day I saw this at a local Best Buy:
 [Image: 815ujcam8yL._SX425_.jpg]
Does the inclusion of untranslated Japanese characters make this stronger or weaker support of Miku going mainstream in the US? I'm not sure if that's really happening, but if it is I'm not about to complain.

Now if only Touhou could become mainstream, hahaha! The closest we've gotten was this:

and I'm pretty sure this wasn't done intentionally.

I kind of got into Vocaloid a few years ago (I recognize two of the three songs you posted), but then I got into Touhou music and haven't really payed all that much attention to Vocaloid since. On a related note, it was the very Miku Miku Dance (MMD) program used for some of these videos that led me to discover the vast collection of Touhou videos made with it. You could say that Vocaloid was my 'gateway drug' into Touhou, if that makes any sense. I still kind of like Vocaloid though, even if I don't actively seek it out so much nowadays.

DespondentFishdeathMasochismo Wrote:I downloaded a torrent with like 1800 vocaloid albums
Confused Fall How much hard drive space do you have!?! My poor laptop doesn't even have 300 Gigs!
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Isn't touhou that little space shooter game that had like 20 versions of it and like a ton of fandoms? Like, I thought I watched a video on touhou and they remade castlevania with touhou characters.

I have like 5 tarabytes of internal hard drive space and 3 tarabytes external hard drive space.

That's an interesting little DS game you posted. I wonder how they actually make a game out of vocaloid songs. I know that there's some game called project diva, which is responsible for a lot of the youtube videos of hatsune miku songs I see on the internet, also has a couple soundtracks which are really good in my collection of miku albums. I wonder what you'd actually do in one of those games, lol.
With the amount of autotuning etc. regularly used, and the decline of unprocessed singing in mainstream crap pop productions, it is only logical that they would cut out the human voice at some point. It's not like it still makes a big difference for the end product whether you have some plastic singer, or the simulation.... All things being equal, the vocaloid synth probably allows small independent producers to make much better music than studios hiring crap singers which they then autotune to death trying to make money with the lowest common denominator. They can realize innovative song ideas without taking big risks and no limitations. Personally, I would rather apply a power drill to my head than listen to it for any extended period of time, but that is purely subjective.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Doesn't really fit in with the genres i like.

The only vocaloid song i liked was the opening one of BRS.
The horror...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
https://youtu.be/OGSrOB2_l5c
Are there any good ones that are not Lolita J-Pop?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any writers here (or readers, especially of Fantasy or Magic Realism)? Jillybean 27 859 March 6, 2024 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Carrie fans and country music. Brian37 13 1160 May 16, 2020 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Any Artsie People On Here? Court Jester 20 2018 September 24, 2017 at 5:25 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Any Musical Theater Lovers Here? camlov2019 7 948 January 1, 2017 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  For you Doctor Who fans: Foxaèr 4 905 November 28, 2016 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  I hate Star Trek fans doing this. Brian37 40 4782 September 1, 2016 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  OMG OMG OMG Marvel Cinematic Universe Fans have GOT to read this..... Joods 6 1103 May 25, 2016 at 12:12 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Fans of 80s TV Show Moonlighting help me. Brian37 3 1263 January 26, 2016 at 8:08 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Any Guitarists Here? Mechaghostman2 13 1506 December 3, 2015 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Fans vs Authors BrokenQuill92 1 751 January 28, 2014 at 1:37 am
Last Post: PhillipEllis