Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"We're All Born Atheists" - A Religious Person Defends Non-Belief
"We're All Born Atheists" - A Religious Person Defends Non-Belief
Be Scofield Wrote:Being an atheist in America means being less than human. I know from personal experience, not from being an atheist but from being raised Christian in a conservative Christian town and holding negative biases about atheists. Like many others I thought that a belief in God was the foundation of morality, that Christians were superior to others and that atheists were a threat to believers. I didn’t, however, reach this conclusion consciously after weighing the facts and examining the issue independently. But rather it was something so ingrained within the culture that it permeated the social conscience. And of course atheists were just one group among many targeted by some Christians. But for several years now there have been movements both religious and secular that have championed the rights of other marginalized groups such as gays, people of color and women. Now it’s time for religious and spiritual people to take a stand for non-believers of all varieties.
The Full Article

Wow! A Christian that believes in equality, acceptance, and freedom of thought. This article made my day. It is refreshing to be reminded that not every Christian is an intolerant ignoramus. Not that atheism needs validation, but it is rather nice to have our (my) repression/oppression acknowledged.
RE: "We're All Born Atheists" - A Religious Person Defends Non-Belief
Quote:A Christian that believes in equality, acceptance, and freedom of thought.

Clearly NOT A TRUE CHRISTIAN!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 3098 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  British Non-Catholic Historian on Historical Longevity of the Roman Catholic Church. Nishant Xavier 36 1864 August 6, 2023 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Atheists, if all Southern Americans are backwards? BillieBobbie 44 3886 April 1, 2023 at 4:25 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6332 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 987 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2735 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2869 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Belief in God is a clinic Interaktive 55 5560 April 1, 2019 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Is atheism a belief? Agnostico 1023 78146 March 16, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Catharsis
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5213 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath