Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy General Relativity Centennial
Happy General Relativity Centennial
Today a 100 years ago, A. Einstein published the final and correct version of the theory of General Relativity!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

RE: Happy General Relativity Centennial
Accurately predicting the amount of gravitational deflection of starlight traveling near the sun as seen during the next total solar eclipse was a real stunner.

Has any religion come close to something on that scale ?

Hell no.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Predicting that time runs somewhat more quickly at high altitudes, and exactly by how much, that is also quite something...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

[Image: 982c294a2336f3e17d9cfaf9573bed24.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAMoWEwK-4A
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Was that he train example or was that the special theory?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(November 25, 2015 at 4:33 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Was that he train example or was that the special theory?

That is typically used for special r. But one can also use the train to show the equivalence principle of general relativity that acceleration is indistinguishable locally from gravitation.

(November 25, 2015 at 1:16 pm)TheRealJoeFish Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAMoWEwK-4A

Rick and Morty. I approve
Stunning Smile Happy Relday!

But, but... it messes up my incredibly linear domino rally view of the universe, so it's wrong QED.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about General rel and quanta phys Won2blv 4 746 August 9, 2023 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  A Simple Demonstration of Space/Time Relativity Rhondazvous 14 2594 August 26, 2019 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Vince
  A citizen scientist validates General Relativity. Jehanne 24 2951 March 3, 2018 at 10:16 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Questions about Time, Distance, and Relativity Mudhammam 25 5294 November 11, 2014 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Addy Pross and the General Theory of Evolution Exian 10 4958 September 23, 2014 at 11:47 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  The Essential General Relativity little_monkey 6 1530 January 23, 2014 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  General Chemistry Resources? festive1 4 895 June 25, 2013 at 6:37 am
Last Post: festive1