Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucasfilm's insane attitudes towards "piracy"
Lucasfilm's insane attitudes towards "piracy"
I have just done a write-up here.

Lucasfilm was well known to drive up the prices of their products by keeping them off the shelves for several years at a time. I can remember clearly in 1999 - early 2000 that used VHS sets of the Star Wars Trilogy (1997 SE) went for up to $200 (the trilogy was reissued in 2000, on VHS). It's interesting to see them blatantly deny this, as well as taking aim at fan-edits of Episode I for breaching their copyright (yet fan-films themselves which themselves often breach trademarks were encouraged).

Anyway, here's a preview of my page:

[Image: AwgjLOG.png]

[Image: DEXY5fs.png]

Screenshots taken using Internet Explorer 5.5 (with minor digital editing - see raw file).

Enjoy.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: Lucasfilm's insane attitudes towards "piracy"
Fuck all that - you're using Internet Explorer 5.5?!?!.

Wha...I...I can't even....

*Faints*
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
The screenshots have to be period-accurate, so yes IE5.5.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Laserdisc.... those were the days!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(December 3, 2015 at 5:25 am)Aractus Wrote: The screenshots have to be period-accurate, so yes IE5.5.

You do realize the period between 1999 and 2005 technically never existed in the universe of Star Wars fandom, right?
Yes, which is why I used Windows 98. Wink

For PC users, WinME never existed either.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The army is one of the best examples of gender inequality towards MEN Macoleco 64 5305 February 18, 2021 at 8:04 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Should we be more humanitarian towards the fish we eat? Angrboda 14 1314 October 29, 2018 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Anyone else start to feel like they're going insane when they get tired? EruptedCarcassBloat 9 1541 October 11, 2016 at 11:20 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
Exclamation Australia: Tough New Anti-Piracy Measures Aractus 25 4364 March 6, 2015 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why we all love piracy Aractus 15 4533 May 6, 2014 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: MindForgedManacle
  INSANE optical illusion Mudhammam 13 2960 February 8, 2014 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Am i going insane... someone hold me (Starts shaking on the ground) Richi1 12 3484 December 28, 2013 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Violet
  Israel becoming increasingly racist towards minorities. Something completely different 9 2637 June 8, 2013 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  SC/NC Attitudes on Sex (and spelling) Meet Atheist Humor thesummerqueen 11 3966 April 18, 2013 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Ask Me Anything - I'm Clearly Insane (and not wearing any pants) Jackalope 23 7452 February 3, 2013 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Jackalope