Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pastafarianism
Pastafarianism
Ahh, The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. A legit religion that although is very easily called a "Parody Religion" claims to be a legit belief. 

Now, I'm sort of half way on this. I like it as a parody and I take part in some of their antics. I have a Flying Spaghetti Monster badge on my truck, but I still identify more on the Atheist side. 

I know there are some people on this forum that will enjoy this, whether it be to make fun of or take part in. I'm actually surprised I haven't seen anything about it on here yet. 

Some people take this seriously though. Although I can't tell if that's all part of the joke or if they truly believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster. There's a full printed bible, they have ordained ministers. They have a decent following of a few thousand 'Pirates" as they call themselves sometimes. They have official religious headgear, the colander, or more commonly know as a spaghetti strainer. But since they claim to be a legit religion, there are people who show up at the DMV with a colander, an it's caused some minor controversy. Of course it's considered legit religious headgear so they get to take their driver's license photo wearing a spaghetti strainer on their head. 

And I can't forget, instead of saying "Amen" they say, and I shit you not, "R'amen" (pronouced ramen, as in ramen noodles). 

Here is a link to their official website if you'd like to read more about it: http://www.venganza.org/

I hope you guys can get a laugh out of this or maybe even get touched by his noodly appendage.

R'amen
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that some cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Makes perfect sense.

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.
RE: Pastafarianism
Don't fuck with the FSM, man.

[Image: Collander.jpg]
R'amen!!!

All Hail the FSM!!

I have used R'amen in many comments on facebook. Never knew there was an actual bible or that people could be ordained.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Careful! There are devout Pastafarians in our jolly little band. They are gentle folk, but you still don't want to upset them.  
Shy
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Off topic. Did you take your name from AC/DC or the Beany and Cecil's character Dishonest John?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 3, 2015 at 1:18 pm)DIRTY_DEEDS_93 Wrote: Ahh, The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. A legit religion that although is very easily called a "Parody Religion" claims to be a legit belief. 

Now, I'm sort of half way on this. I like it as a parody and I take part in some of their antics. I have a Flying Spaghetti Monster badge on my truck, but I still identify more on the Atheist side. 

I know there are some people on this forum that will enjoy this, whether it be to make fun of or take part in. I'm actually surprised I haven't seen anything about it on here yet. 

Some people take this seriously though. Although I can't tell if that's all part of the joke or if they truly believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster. There's a full printed bible, they have ordained ministers. They have a decent following of a few thousand 'Pirates" as they call themselves sometimes. They have official religious headgear, the colander, or more commonly know as a spaghetti strainer. But since they claim to be a legit religion, there are people who show up at the DMV with a colander, an it's caused some minor controversy. Of course it's considered legit religious headgear so they get to take their driver's license photo wearing a spaghetti strainer on their head. 

And I can't forget, instead of saying "Amen" they say, and I shit you not, "R'amen" (pronouced ramen, as in ramen noodles). 

Here is a link to their official website if you'd like to read more about it: http://www.venganza.org/

I hope you guys can get a laugh out of this or maybe even get touched by his noodly appendage.

R'amen

Really? You've been here almost a year and haven't seen ANY thing regarding FSM? Your powers of observation are underwhelming.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Shut up and eat your noodles.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(December 3, 2015 at 8:50 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 3, 2015 at 1:18 pm)DIRTY_DEEDS_93 Wrote: Ahh, The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. A legit religion that although is very easily called a "Parody Religion" claims to be a legit belief. 

R'amen

Really?  You've been here almost a year and haven't seen ANY thing regarding FSM?  Your powers of observation are underwhelming.

Boru
If I had to find a bicycle in an empty room to save my life I would be dead. My observation skills are so terrible I couldn't even count the horns on a unicorn so I apologize. 

Also to the person who asked I got my name from AC/DC.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that some cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Makes perfect sense.

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.