Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's up?
What's up?
Hey! My name is Aegon. I'm 20 years old, from Long Island, NY.  I was raised Catholic. At about 16 I realized that I couldn't make myself believe in God, or at the very least, the Christian depiction of God. I became an adamant atheist for a couple of years. I suppose I felt lied to and cheated by religion? Whatever the reason, I was a major dickhole about it. After a little over a year, I realized that religion just didn't concern me anymore. It had no effect on my life. I had no reason to bash it or follow it. So now I'm more of an "apathetist" if you will, but I was browsing the forums and this seemed like a fun place to read, discuss, debate...so I registered. 

Angel
RE: What's up?
Hello Aegon, welcome to the forum ^_^

You hold an attitude that many (in Europe at least) hold, apathy towards religion. I've never been religious sand never cared one iota about 'God' or religion from a personal perspective.

Hope you stick around.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Hey and welcome to the forums. I am new around here myself.

Hope you stick around. \o/
Aegon.

I sincerely hope that's actually your name.

It would make me so happy.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Actually, what would make me even happier if your name was Griff IRL.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Welcome Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Hi there Mr Targaryen Tongue

Welcome to the forums! i am also new! (ish)
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. For if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes unto you."
Thanks guys!

(January 8, 2016 at 3:11 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Actually, what would make me even happier if your name was Griff IRL.

Ha! No, unfortunately it isn't. Have you read the three short stories about Dunk and Egg? They take place a century before A Game of Thrones. My username is after Aegon V (or "Egg" for short.) GRRM recently released the stories in one full novel (A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms)
(January 8, 2016 at 3:36 pm)Aegon Wrote: Thanks guys!

(January 8, 2016 at 3:11 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Actually, what would make me even happier if your name was Griff IRL.

Ha! No, unfortunately it isn't. Have you read the three short stories about Dunk and Egg? They take place a century before A Game of Thrones. My username is after Aegon V (or "Egg" for short.) GRRM recently released the stories in one full novel (A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms)

Haha! I was right! Game of Thrrooooooooneeeeessss! Tongue High five, dude!
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. For if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes unto you."
Ageon, welcome to our little corner of the internet. Smile
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.