Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 6:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Your Atheist Twin?
Your Atheist Twin?
There are many different types of atheist out there but, if you had to align yourself with just one prominent atheist in the public eye who you tend to entirely agree with both with everything they say and their general attitude towards the subject, who would it be?

For myself I think it would be Stephen Fry.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Your Atheist Twin?
Since I cannot get fully behind any atheist speaker out there, I would have to say my twin died. If I were to pick the closest I could, it would probably be George Carlin, Bill Maher or Christopher Hitchens.
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
(July 10, 2010 at 6:00 pm)Darwinian Wrote: There are many different types of atheist out there but, if you had to align yourself with just one prominent atheist in the public eye who you tend to entirely agree with both with everything they say and their general attitude towards the subject, who would it be?

For myself I think it would be Stephen Fry.
I suppose that Luis Bunuel would probably be the closest I can think of. Or maybe Lord Russell.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I would say John Lennon, but I don't think he was an atheist, definitely anti-religion though!
(July 10, 2010 at 6:00 pm)Darwinian Wrote: There are many different types of atheist out there but, if you had to align yourself with just one prominent atheist in the public eye who you tend to entirely agree with both with everything they say and their general attitude towards the subject, who would it be?

Me.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Bill Maher
Dawson Bethrick.
I don't know of one. I take bits from Dawkins, Hitchens, Stephen Fry, George Carlin, Daniel Dennett, Sam Harris - but I am my own unique mix really Big Grin

EvF
(July 10, 2010 at 10:48 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Bill Maher

I hope you like denying western medicine and germ theory, then!
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Bertrand Russel.