Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nutshell Life
Nutshell Life
I became an instant atheist at the age of twelve - in Social Studies class.  That was back in the (Where is my calculator?) . . . back in the fifties.  I have questioned that epiphany a few times - even called myself agnostic once - but have always returned to the original conclusion.  Shortly after that I became a son of Heinlein, along with my other science fiction fathers.  As a high school freshman I was a genuine slide rule-on-hip-nerd.  At fifteen I left home.  In those days you could pull the "Help Wanted" sign from the window and walk out with a day's pay.  I usually put the sign back at the end of week and moved on.  A hundred dollars saw you through to the end of the week, to the next town and to the next sign.  There really was a golden hue to the world in those days.  I promise not to regale you with too many war stories - there aren't that many anyway.  There are atheists in foxholes by the way.  I am now a non-retired engineer, but I've also been a novelist and a playwright.

I love science, both hard and soft - but not pseudo - and history and philosophy (but the philosopher's feet have to stay on the ground).

I'm here because the blank page has become an insurmountable barrier and I still have things I need to say.  The hope is that what I regurgitate here will splash onto that infamous blank page.
RE: Nutshell Life
Allow me to be the first to welcome you sir and put my lips to yours.
You may refer to me as "Oh High One."
Welcome
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Hey there Mr Arrow, it sounds to me like you've come to the right place!

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to hearing your thoughts Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome to AF!
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Welcome mister.
Pancakes! Where's the pancakes for the new person! Not last weeks ones either! Something fresh. With cream. And Berries.

Where's Vic? Losty, you still cooking these days?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Don't put yourselves out. Just butter and syrup, please. And I'll just take these without the little green circles on them.
Welcome!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.