Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well done, AZ
Well done, AZ
So the idiots reduced the number of polling places from over 200 to 60 and now they are surprised by the turnout.  There are lines which are hours long of people waiting to vote.  One has to think that the republicunts voter ID laws are gumming up the works but also the fact that since it is a closed primary you must be a republicunt, democrat or green to vote.  Independents get sent home.

It will be amazing if no one gets shot in this gun crazy state tonight.
RE: Well done, AZ
Clinton crushes Sanders.....Trump crushes Cruz.
They didn't learn much from 2012. States that did this saw people standing in line for as long as 14 hours in the general election in order to vote. There were people bringing food and water to those who refused to be denied. In the end, the Republican efforts to suppress the vote had exactly the opposite effect.

The Republican party is in real danger of falling completely apart in 2016. They SHOULD collapse because they are FUCKING IDIOTS. They can't even learn from their own mistakes.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
My grandfather was a Republican for fifty years. He died in 2006, but somehow he managed to vote for Obama in 2008.

As a libertarian, I feel more hopeless than usual in the election. I suppose I'll vote Hillary, even though she's only slightly better than Trump when it comes to the values I hold.
You're not an ugly person; you're a beautiful monkey.

I was not a happy voter today. While waiting in line, I saw people with way too many obstacles to vote. Too many people being told that "something is wrong" with their registration and they had to use a provisional ballot. It's ridiculous. Voting shouldn't be this difficult.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Provisional Ballots are a red flag. They are the currency of the GOP in areas with a plethora of college students or elderly minorities.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Voter suppression is easiest when you simply make it impossible for people to vote.  Plenty of people in AZ voted by mail early on - I did - but this is a control mechanism for the republicunt bastards who run this show.
(March 23, 2016 at 12:11 am)Mamacita Wrote: I was not a happy voter today. While waiting in line, I saw people with way too many obstacles to vote. Too many people being told that "something is wrong" with their registration and they had to use a provisional ballot. It's ridiculous. Voting shouldn't be this difficult.
We've never had a free and fair election in America.  They've always been rigged.
So the local news is exploding with this shit, this morning.  It seems that Pima County (Tucson) had 125 open polling stations compared to Maricopa's (Phoenix metro) 60 even though Maricopa has 4 times as many registered voters.

Glad I signed up for early balloting.
I wonder if the "hanging chad" will ever be brought back. Dodgy
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  has Biden done a good job as president? Drich 400 25229 May 23, 2021 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Has Mark Samsel Done A Good Job As A Kansas State Representative? BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1109 May 3, 2021 at 10:56 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Sounds Like Joe Biden "grabs 'em by the *****" as well... ReptilianPeon 16 1389 March 31, 2020 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Well Well Well What Do We Have Here Amarok 14 1184 December 4, 2018 at 6:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Well, Whaddaya Know? Minimalist 6 471 August 30, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Well! Wbat do you know! chimp3 6 998 July 15, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Realistically can anything be done regarding Trumps nomination? GODZILLA 22 2347 July 11, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Well Does This Ever Fucking Figure! Minimalist 3 669 June 12, 2018 at 5:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Well FOX Will Have To Get Rid Of This Guy Minimalist 14 1875 May 5, 2018 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I'm done mihoda 26 3766 July 8, 2017 at 3:27 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy