Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is 'You'?
What is 'You'?

(This is a short video exploring what it means to exist in this world. You probably can tell that from the title but i'm required to type something and not just post a video with no desc. so yeah Smile)
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: What is 'You'?
Actually, I couldn't, so thanks.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Me.
Dying to live, living to die.
I is bored.
I like the whole thing of being bored. It seems kind of funny that we do bore so easily. There are so many differently things to do in a city like mine?: San Diego. But maybe we don't challenge ourselves.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I don't identify with myself anymore, not after that imposter incident was debunked and then the identity theft and then the case of mistaken identity . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Reminds me of a Jackie Chan movie
It's good to be bored now:

The Science Behind How Boredom Benefits Creative Thought
http://www.fastcompany.com/3042046/the-s...ve-thought
"I'm thick." - Me
"What is you?" A construct.
"And how do you work?" Badly.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(April 6, 2016 at 9:29 pm)Heat Wrote:

(This is a short video exploring what it means to exist in this world. You probably can tell that from the title but i'm required to type something and not just post a video with no desc. so yeah Smile)

Oh man isn't that the greatest question? People take for granted that we are here, and attribute it to this or that, and life is this or that, we all argue, but no one really knows. I was going to post a thread in this area about what makes people happy but decided to post here instead. I for one have been someone that has researched a lot of corruption in my life. Almost made me cynical to a point. Personally I believe in God, and the afterlife, mostly through what people have come back through near death experiences of the afterlife and how life here actually has meaning beyond what is in the physical, and controls where are souls go.

I had a paragraph I just deleted, but point is why are people not willing in a material world to carry out murder to make the world a better place, and then sacrifice themselves for a greater cause? Not that I would, but if there was nothing in the way of thinking it would affect life after death, why are things so well behaved. I'm assuming it's a survival trait.