Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*wave*
Bug 
*wave*
Hidee ho! First day here and I'm hoping to find a community that actually has interesting things to talk about. Interesting, of course, is subjective so I'll clarify: more intellectual stimulation than what I've previously gotten on other forum-type websites. Yes, I agree, "insert hot female here" is attractive but must we see thread after thread about her?

Anyhow, I was born and raised just outside of Miami, FL and still reside in the area. I cannot say that I have always been an atheist, but I have definitely always been a skeptic. My father (atheist) and mother (Catholic) raised me with the ability to think for myself and I will always be indebted to them because of it.

I am a student (returning after a few years of nonsensical jobs) majoring in geology and astronomy. My hopes are to become a planetary geologist and help discover worlds where life may have taken hold, or still holds.

Tl;dr: I'm a skeptical atheist hoping to knock the religion out of theists when we find life on other planets. Nice to meet you all. The end.
RE: *wave*
Welcome to the forums Smile
(July 25, 2010 at 11:41 pm)Skeptisma Wrote: Hidee ho! First day here and I'm hoping to find a community that actually has interesting things to talk about. Interesting, of course, is subjective so I'll clarify: more intellectual stimulation than what I've previously gotten on other forum-type websites. Yes, I agree, "insert hot female here" is attractive but must we see thread after thread about her?

If you are reffering to me... then I'm afraid so ^_^ Everything is about me, you see Wink As it is your first day here, I should inform you that any apparent narcicssism on my part is false. Am I the most attractive woman alive? Nope: I am the most attractive woman who has lived and ever will live. ^_^

This is the community to come to if you want to think, and still have a good time Smile

Quote:Anyhow, I was born and raised just outside of Miami, FL and still reside in the area. I cannot say that I have always been an atheist, but I have definitely always been a skeptic. My father (atheist) and mother (Catholic) raised me with the ability to think for myself and I will always be indebted to them because of it.

I am a student (returning after a few years of nonsensical jobs) majoring in geology and astronomy. My hopes are to become a planetary geologist and help discover worlds where life may have taken hold, or still holds.

Well that's an interesting aim... were the nonsensicle jobs at least amusing? Tiny Tiger

Quote:Tl;dr: I'm a skeptical atheist hoping to knock the religion out of theists when we find life on other planets. Nice to meet you all. The end.

Oh no... tis only the beggining of Chapter 12948522 for you. Smile Tis always amusing to meet a new toy person Tiger
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Yes, yes - in case you didn't realize already, Saerules is completely mental.

Er... anyway, as I said - welcome to the forums.
(July 26, 2010 at 4:12 am)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: Yes, yes - in case you didn't realize already, Saerules is completely mental.

I'm not insane! I'm the only sane one left! Panic
Panic Panic Panic Panic Panic Panic
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
No, that would be me. I have the medication as proof.

You did say insane right?
Take it to another thread, guys.

Welcome! Sorry this thread is so messed up.
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Well, it's a good thing I don't find myself the most attractive woman in the world - rather the most intelligent, so we can coexist in peace. Phew, we dodged a bullet there!
I welcome thee. As for Saerules I also dodged the bullet on my first post. She is special Smile

Oo *runs off*
Welcome to AF. Hopefully you will find a comfy home here.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell