Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 6, 2024, 6:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creationists are better than inconsistent Christians
Creationists are better than inconsistent Christians
I'm not sure how popular this view is on here, but creationists are the  least annoying Xtians to me. At  least they're consistent. I find people who argue that what they dislike in the Bible or what is misproven by science shouldn't be interpreted  literally but the rest of Bible should to be more annoying.
RE: Creationists are better than inconsistent Christians
Yeah, they are consistent. Consistently wrong. Consistently parroting Answers in Genesis. Consistently regurgitating the same old rubberduck lies and PRATT arguments that have been eviscerated time and time again, and all this effort simply to prop up a fairytale narrative that is almost perfectly diametrically opposed to reality. That's why I find them consistently the most closed-locked-and-throw-away-the-key-minded of all the faith-headed.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I agree, they are more consistent.

But I'd rather people partially lived in reality than not at all. So it's not a meaningful achievement.

I'd rather people understand science but credit their God, than to not understand it at all.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Or worse, misrepresent it so as to make their own side look better.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I don’t express views here because of their popularity. If you say something and someone disagrees with you, they will tell you, and they will tell you why. Likewise you also can do the same, when you disagree with something.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
OP: Are you and hoppingbunny related?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Creationists are willfully ignorant dolts. I'll gladly associate with self identified Christians that rarely read the Bible and think God is a happy sky dude that has promised us everlasting cake.
Quote:At  least they're consistent.

So is a broken clock.... and about as useful as a creatard.
I find both to be annoying, but the reason why I find creationists more annoying is because they're shouting their beliefs nonstop while "inconsistent Christians" don't do so.
That's true. The consistency seems to give them a misplaced sense of confidence in that regard.

They claim to know things no one could possibly know, while refusing to accept things we do actually know. Frustrating.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inquiry regarding creationists neil 48 2268 February 18, 2024 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How do you feel about all these creationists? suddenlymark 32 3369 August 15, 2023 at 8:01 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Is Allegorical Religion better than Fundamentalism? vulcanlogician 147 8306 April 5, 2022 at 2:54 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Is Satan better than God? Disagreeable 37 2678 January 31, 2022 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why Creationists don't realize the biblical Creation is just jewish mythology? android17ak47 65 8492 July 27, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  I am a better person than God! chimp3 56 10387 May 24, 2018 at 1:07 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Important theological question for creationists Alex K 2 675 November 27, 2016 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I am better than God! chimp3 24 4680 September 26, 2016 at 8:53 am
Last Post: brewer
  Are some people truly better off believing? Razzle 45 8824 May 28, 2015 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Why pets (dogs/cats) are better than religion Dystopia 22 3380 January 16, 2015 at 9:54 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger