Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay, Progressives....Time to Stop Worrying
Okay, Progressives....Time to Stop Worrying
over who can pee in what bathroom.  The Supreme Court just threw all of us under a bus.

http://www.cnet.com/news/us-supreme-cour...CAD590a51e

Quote:The US Supreme Court approved on Thursday a rule change that would make it easier for the Department of Justice to obtain warrants for electronic devices.

The change lets US judges issue search warrants for computers and other electronic devices located in any jurisdiction, not just their own. The Justice Department has described it as a minor change needed to update federal criminal code for the digital age, according to Reuters. Some lawmakers and civil liberties groups, however, say it's really an attempt to expand the FBI's ability to conduct mass hacks.
RE: Okay, Progressives....Time to Stop Worrying
I dunno, Min - when last I checked, it wasn't the progressives getting their knickers in a twist over who pees where.

As for the rest, I don't expect authoritarian tools to not act as such.
It's the type of issue that republicunts love.  They use it to distract people from what they are really doing in the background.
(April 28, 2016 at 11:47 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It's the type of issue that republicunts love.  They use it to distract people from what they are really doing in the background.

Democrats and Republicans equally screwing America. If only the votes really mattered.
You conveniently forget that the democrats usually end up on the opposite side of those issues.

Another example of policing agencies doing some "fishing."

http://www.cnet.com/news/the-government-...CAD590a51e

Quote:The social network's latest Global Government Requests Report, released today, has documented a 13 percent rise in government requests for Facebook user data in the second half of 2015. In total, governments asked for Facebook user data a total of 46,763 times.

The report also shed light on government gag orders, with Facebook revealing 60 percent of requests from US authorities came with a "non-disclosure order" prohibiting Facebook from notifying the user in question.
As long as the government gets a warrant first, there isn't much that the privacy advocates can stand on. Of course, we're not worried about searches with warrants, we're worried about bulk surveillance.
Meandering Atheist: Several friends on a journey of romance and adventure, to talk about moderately interesting topics.
(April 29, 2016 at 12:09 am)Society Wrote: Democrats and Republicans equally screwing America. If only the votes really mattered.

It is why I do not vote. There is no real difference between Dems and Repubs, because they are both owned and controlled by the same corporations.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
And here I thought you were going to say something that eased my mind about something.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black People - Stop Blaming Racism, Take Responsibility Napoléon 227 26002 March 18, 2022 at 4:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Stop Re litigating 2016 liberals /OP ED. Brian37 66 4849 February 21, 2019 at 7:59 am
Last Post: DLJ
  Stop trying to reason with Trump supporters GODZILLA 21 2491 January 20, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Can progressives learn anything from Republicans? TaraJo 72 6084 August 4, 2018 at 9:21 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Okay GOP, now is your time to shine and show how much you really love America GODZILLA 25 3074 July 17, 2018 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Fucking Orange Shitgibbon Can't Stop Talking ABout Himself Minimalist 3 672 May 28, 2018 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The country is going down the shitter with Trump in office, but it's okay NuclearEnergy 7 1146 December 4, 2017 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Tell Me Once More Progressives That Hillary and the WLB are "The Same" Minimalist 67 13986 October 26, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Yes, Progressives. No Difference At All Between Hillary and the WLB Minimalist 12 1455 August 2, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  So Jesus Is Okay With Grabbing Pussy? Minimalist 20 2710 April 5, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: GUBU