Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does god need your help?
Does god need your help?
This is a question for all the religious people who ever try to act on god's behalf, in a small or big way, for example:

-Trying to convince others that God is real / their religion is true

-Supporting changes of laws on religious grounds

-Mistreating someone citing religion as the reason (even killing them, in extreme cases)

The question is this:

Does God need your help doing whatever it is you're doing? To communicate? To govern as he sees fit? To reveal his existence? To demonstrate the validity of the true religion? For justice to be served?

If the answer is yes, then your God is pretty feeble. No offense, but you're just a human. If he needs your help, he's more comparable to us than to a deity.

If the answer is no, then why are you acting on his behalf? Do you know better than God how he wants things done? Can he not cope on his own? Does he need protecting? Do things need to be a certain way before he can continue with his "plan"?

I suggest that the greatest act of faith and confidence in God is to leave all of that up to him, and to stop acting like he needs armies of people to do his bidding. Every action taken on his behalf betrays a lack of faith, and a frustration with his inaction. It also reveals an arrogance that you know better than God what should be done.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Does god need your help?
When Marco Rubio ended his campaign to be president of the United States, he said something to the effect of: "it's what god wanted". You'd think god would have told him sooner rather than wasting everyone's time. But more to the point, Edward Cruz is on record as saying "god wants him to be president", but he's out of the race too now. Can god not make its mind up?

It's clear go needs our help because otherwise Cruz would be president without an election. God would have found a away to give Cruz, the person it supposedly wanted be president, without an election. It's clear god incompetent because Cruz now has no chance to be president of the United States.

I don't know why god would need to appoint any kind of human leaders in the first place. Why does he need to delegate?
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(May 7, 2016 at 3:24 am)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: When Marco Rubio ended his campaign to be president of the United States, he said something to the effect of: "it's what god wanted". You'd think god would have told him sooner rather than wasting everyone's time. But more to the point, Edward Cruz is on record as saying "god wants him to be president", but he's out of the race too now. Can god not make its mind up?

It's clear go needs our help because otherwise Cruz would be president without an election. God would have found a away to give Cruz, the person it supposedly wanted be president, without an election. It's clear god incompetent because Cruz now has no chance to be president of the United States.

If I were a theist I wouldn't really see this as much of a problem. As a finite creature, I cannot be expect to know what grandiose purposes an infinite being would have for all of creation. And still, I might expect that there be times when I have a duty or conviction to act though the outcome of my action doesn't result in the end that I myself would have intended.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
Rob, you're asking logical questions to an illogical mind.
Once the integrity of reason has been breached, everything becomes logical to the infected host under the new parameters.

Sadly, the damage was done solely by the parents while the host was an innocent child.
The parents should be held accountable for all potential deeds actioned by the host later on in life.

They basically moulded their personality.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Yeah, it's sadly very true Sad

I'm hoping to undo some of that damage by encouraging people to think. I'm not suggesting there "is no god". I'm suggesting that the one they worship and describe is not consistent with their actions; that they are worshiping an idea of god rather than any potential actual god. A proper god, anything like as powerful as they describe, would not require religious busybodies to function.

Index of my best videos
Lets do an experiment. For the next noob theists who signs up here.

Let's all talk about our great messiah (insert any theological sounding name here)...
One he hasn't heard of ... He won't take us seriously because there is no known "book" about him.

The foundation of the theistic logic is based solely on their book being the word of God because it says so right there in their book.

We need to do something similar with ours. I bet they'll see and expose our circular reasoning real quick!
Then, without realising it, they'll commit their own fallacy by special pleading their holy book as the "real" one!

Dunno
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 7, 2016 at 6:10 am)ignoramus Wrote: Lets do an experiment. For the next noob theists who signs up here.

Let's all talk about our great messiah (insert any theological sounding name here)...
One he hasn't heard of ... He won't take us seriously because there is no known "book" about him.

The foundation of the theistic logic is based solely on their book being the word of God because it says so right there in their book.

We need to do something similar with ours. I bet they'll see and expose our circular reasoning real quick!
Then, without realising it, they'll commit their own fallacy by special pleading their holy book as the "real" one!

Dunno

Can we get a scientologist to join and have the discussion with the theist? They have lots of books. And Xenu and thetans. Wonder is Tom Curse is busy?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Pretty sure Tibs wouldn't mind a donation from crazy ol' Tom!
We'll even be polite to him until then!

Check this out guys! They're fucking weirder than I thought!
http://www.kickassfacts.com/25-facts-about-scientology/
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Brilliant post Rob  Smile It makes it all the more clear that god has never done a single thing on his own... everything gets done through his minions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does science always upstage God? ignoramus 940 124285 October 26, 2022 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Does Ezekiel 23:20 prove that God is an Incel Woah0 26 2716 September 17, 2022 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  Why does God care about S E X? zwanzig 83 4983 November 15, 2021 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11157 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  The absurd need for logical proofs for God R00tKiT 225 14259 December 31, 2020 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Does afterlife need God? Fake Messiah 7 1379 February 4, 2020 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why does God get the credit? Cod 91 7336 July 29, 2019 at 6:14 am
Last Post: comet
  Why does there need to be a God? Brian37 41 7019 July 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  God doesn't love you-or does He? yragnitup 24 4838 January 24, 2019 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  Republicans seem hell bent on proving their god does not exist Foxaèr 7 2287 December 23, 2017 at 4:23 am
Last Post: WinterHold