Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Naughty Corner
The Naughty Corner
Daystar has been banned for a month for un-forum like behaviour. Hopefully this will give him time to cool off.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: The Naughty Corner
Yeah. They're a lot stricter on many other forums, he would've been banned ages ago there. Like at RDF. Right? Seems much stricter there.
Daystar would of been banned on the spot in some forums due to their strictness. RDF would probably have given him a warning but would of resulted to banning shortly after. This forum is very easy going I think from my experience of some forums.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Yeah I didn't mean RDF would have banned him immediately. I just mean before we did.
I know strict rules can destroy forums very quickly, which is why we haven't really imposed them here that much. I'd go as far to say that throwing insults at people on a one-off occasion is pretty standard behaviour for most people, as long as they accept the consequences of using an ad-hominem attack in a debate (tut tut). Daystar overstepped the mark on many occasions, not only by simply verbally insulting people for no reason, but by never stepping down from a position that has been proved wrong.
I think basically he frustrated people. But he also pissed some people off. And most of all totally wasted time by expecting others to give evidence and yet he wouldn't ever give evidence himself. I mean regarding the supernatural at least!
Of course I don't think he could possibly have gave evidence of the supernatural. Because of course its my belief that there isn't any! But he could have at least given what he THOUGHT was evidence so we could respond to it. And if he didn't think there was any why wouldn't he admit that? Why would he just admit its a matter of "faith" if thats what he really believes, so we know where we stand. Its double standards! He shouldn't have kept claiming the supernatural and bringing it up if he didn't want to be questioned!! And then question us!
He said he was just here to teach ABOUT the bible. But he smuggled "God" and the "supernatural" in when he felt like it. And he expected not to be questioned! Its hypocritical. He wanted evidence for evolution but he'd never attempt to give ANY evidence of the supernatural. Yet he would claim the supernatural! He was basically proclaiming on a matter of "faith". But he didn't act like it was a matter of faith. He acted like he knew!
Before he was banned he FINALLY admitted he had "no evidence of the supernatural". Why didn't he say so before! I questioned him many times on it before and he wouldn't give evidence or elaborate. Then he flamed at me telling me to read a post of his. When it didn't answer my bloody question anyway! I asked for evidence of the supernatural and he digressed with an example of how the natural can be misinterpreted as the supernatural. I was asking about the existence of the supernatural NOT about the existence of the natural that is THOUGHT to be supernatural. He believes in the supernatural so when I ask him about it he shouldn't just flame at me telling me to read a post that's a complete digression from my question.
It didn't address it! And he was the one flaming!
He makes claims and he doesn't expect questioning!
Wow, a month? Now, I understand why you guys are banning him, but a month seems rather long.
Raymond has been permanantly banned because he is in fact Daystar.

I have also banned his IP address so that he can't join again as someone else. But I doubt if he'll be back as he now has his own forum Dodgy
Moslem has been warned not to keep posting vast chunks of the internet to back up his claims. He had been unofficially warned some time ago but obviously chose to ignore this warning.
Well what a surprise to wake up to! I don't agree with Daystar's tactics. Devious and calculating. If he knew he was heading for a ban, and it's happened so many times before, that could be an indication that there is something wrong with his debating skills! All the accusations he has hurled at you guys are not true. I can debate with most of you and find you all fair, intelligent and not prone to the smugness you can find with some atheists. I'm disappointed that he deceived us and is so caught up in his little game that he's missed the most important point of all this. Confused
"The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility"

Albert Einstein