Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyperloop and other stuff by Elon Musk
Tongue 
Hyperloop and other stuff by Elon Musk
I really admire Elon Musk. I mean just few years ago there were these documentaries in which it was claimed how electric cars are just a dream since they are not practical enough and that there are many technical difficulties to solve and yet Musk just did it and created a great car. If it was not for him there still would not be electric cars on the road because if it was to be left for those worshiped car manufacturers they would still be yabbing the same shit and not making electric cars. Is there any other car manufacturer beside Tesla that makes electric cars? I don't think so.

When it comes to SpaceX he also proved that it doesn't need to be that expensive to send rockets to space and even it seems that in just few years US will be able to send people to space again without going to Russia first, thanks to Musk.

And now he's trying to bring this super fast train, which could be great because there would not be the usual hassle there is on airports now.

It's sad and encouraging at the same time that you need one guy to practically do what should be done. I mean not to mention development of new energy resources. Does it again needs one guy with lots of money and will?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Hyperloop and other stuff by Elon Musk
I don't think he has the knowledge to personally completely develop and build these things (he's a mere mortal after all). He made a bunch of money with PayPal etc and then had the brilliant vision to build great teams to work on these projects. I don't want to diminish the accomplishments of his companies, but the Musk worship is a bit much at times.
It really must suck to be a developer or engineer at his companies, and when you accomplish something cool, the crowd automatically sings "praise the magical Elon, bringer of the cargo!". People watch too much Iron Man.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(May 21, 2016 at 6:43 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: [edit]

And now he's trying to bring this super fast train, which could be great because there would not be the usual hassle there is on airports now.

[edit]

How do you know there won't be the usual hassle? Which hassle?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
WaitButWhy wrote some articles about Musk(at the latter's request) and they're awesome. I recommend them.

http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/05/elon-musk-...t-man.html
Quote:And now he's trying to bring this super fast train, which could be great because there would not be the usual hassle there is on airports now.

The first time someone plants a bomb on one there will be exactly the same hassle.

The only reason no one bombs Amtrak now is because its such a shitshow that you wouldn't know if the bomb had gone off or not.
(May 21, 2016 at 6:43 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Is there any other car manufacturer beside Tesla that makes electric cars? I don't think so.

Yep there are loads
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_el..._available

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(May 22, 2016 at 4:36 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Yep there are loads
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_el..._available

You're right and I've seen electric cars driving around but they're all very small and indeed most of the cars in the link are tiny. Granted there are some "normal" size like BMW i3 which also seems to have additional gasoline engine.
And also I was watching this video on "Motor Trend Channel" and at the end (20:34) they say "If you want something electric there is no other choice but Tesla."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib-02b2ooLY

When it comes to hyper-loop they are advertising that travel between LA To NYC will apparently be under one hour. http://www.industrytap.com/la-to-nyc-in-...-mph/10194

And I also remember once listening professor Jeffrey Grossman who was speaking about similar technology claimed that train in a vaccum tube could travel between LA To NYC in only 10 minutes.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I look on Musk as a better class of snake oil salesman. There's always been something shifty about him, and always been overhype about his products, but up until now his employees have been able to keep up with enough of his promises that the hype still is bought.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
What the heck?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qo78R_yYFA

When is this going to happen?
(September 28, 2016 at 1:30 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: What the heck?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qo78R_yYFA

When is this going to happen?

Just as soon as I discover Fusion and build the SS Rocket Engine.

By the way, say hello to the mind worms for me.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nerd alert! -more spooky Quantum stuff ignoramus 49 3736 November 28, 2020 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Does the Higgs Boson Give Mass to Other Bosons? Rhondazvous 9 1796 August 3, 2017 at 7:36 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Some fun stuff expected in 2016 in astrophysics... Fake Messiah 29 3359 August 16, 2016 at 11:29 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Quantum stuff and the Big Bang Jiggerj 17 4363 April 19, 2014 at 8:44 am
Last Post: Chas
  LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS?? HAYWARD 28 6027 October 12, 2011 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels
  Astrobiology: Life in Other Worlds event. KichigaiNeko 2 1065 September 12, 2011 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Rayaan