Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's a Joy-Joy World
It's a Joy-Joy World
Hello,

Just thought I'd drop a line or two. Always an atheist, no education to speak of on the religious front. Thank gawd! Razz

I'm atheist, mature single female with 2 children (grown) and 4 grandchildren (14, 8, 6 & 2.5) and I work fulltime as an admin, cook, sew, quilt, paint, write, fish, volunteer, have 2 dogs and a cat, go to movies, read, spend a bunch of time on atheist fo's.... all without the aid or hindrance of an imaginary deity.

Clap Clap  

Unfortunately I live in a "stupid state" (OK) in the bible belt.  It's a challenge but I don't see me living anywhere else for now.

Anyhoo... howdy! Big Grin
RE: It's a Joy-Joy World
Welcome to the forums!
Welcome!

No coffee yet. More later.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Welcome to the forum!

I look forward to hearing more from you Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I'm so sorry about the Oklahoma thing.

Shame.

Welcome, anyways! Hope you stick around!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Ugh yeah, anyone living in the Bible Belt has my deepest sympathies. Must be like living in a free air nut house.

Hey is that Daria from B&B? Diarrhoea Cha Cha Cha!
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(May 21, 2016 at 9:10 am)robvalue Wrote: Ugh yeah, anyone living in the Bible Belt has my deepest sympathies. Must be like living in a free air nut house.

Hey is that Daria from B&B? Diarrhoea Cha Cha Cha!

Yes, Daria is my hero. Heart
Awesome! Beavis is mine Big Grin

Index of my best videos
(May 21, 2016 at 9:43 am)robvalue Wrote: Awesome! Beavis is mine Big Grin

Pity, up until now I thought you might be cool. Tongue

Never was a B&B fan but, hey, whatever floats your boat! Smile
Welcome! Go, Daria and Jane.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan